Friday, July 26, 2013

Here Are Some Pictures to Prove It!

At the moment I have a bit of a WiFi challenge but there's a little shop just down from where I'm staying where WiFi is strong and the people are very nice.  This will not help for making music so I won't be able to play tonight but it's very good to be able to connect at all and the WiFi problem overall will be solved as soon as possible.

This would be a good time for giving my deep thanks to my cousin for putting me up and to her friend for helping me great straight with NHS.  I will definitely be here long enough to resolve the foot problem as there's no hiding it and my cousin and her friend were quite insistent on taking some pain medication, Parametol or something like that.  I wouldn't do it as I strongly believe there has to be a bone poking through the skin before pain meds are warranted but it was sweet of them to suggest it.

But you want pictures!


This little church was just outside a small town just off the Motorway (i.e. Autoroute, Autostrada, Autobahn) and it's been the same in each country; the main highways are fast but they're sterile and boring whereas it's always beautiful on the secondary highways, no matter where you are.



There are not the Highlands but there are beautiful rolling hills everywhere and they remind quite a bit of paintings by my father in which there was the same roll to the hills and which really doesn't match anywhere else we ever lived.



Although the countryside was lovely, the odds did not appear to be improving on getting into Edinburgh without getting soaked.  In fact, I wouldn't have bet a shilling but shillings don't exist anymore!  The UK didn't go over to euros and no-one over here really wants to see them but they didn't exactly keep their original currency either.  They will definitely take their own course.


Just in case you're not convinced I really did make it, this one should do it.


It's not only a double-decker but it's also an Edinburgh tour bus and that's definitely Haximoto in the foreground.  This shot is in the City Centre in one of many times through as I roamed about, hopelessly lost, on the way to find my cousin.

There are many tourists floating around the city and the age of it is everywhere to see.  There are many more pictures to bring you but I will be relying on the bus system to get them as there are multiple reasons for leaving Haximoto secured where she is.

No comments: