Thursday, July 25, 2013

Publishing from Leith - I'm in Edinburgh!

So completes one trip around the world and that can only mean one thing ... do it again!

I really did arrive in Edinburgh about the time I anticipated, somewhere between 14:00 and 15:00, but there navigating through the city to where my cousin lives turned out to be an expedition in itself.  At first I tried the few petrol stations I saw and was told to go back to the city centre to start from there.  This resulted in several crossings of the city but did not get me any closer to where I was trying to go.  Then I started bothering pedestrians, all of whom were very helpful, and this got me fairly close.  I finally talked to a fellow on a bicycle who stopped next to me at a traffic light to ask him if he knew where my destination street might be.  He didn't but said he would pull over on the other side of the intersection and look it up on his phone.

No, we're not ready for the thank you part yet as there's more.  He didn't have any luck finding the street so I asked him if I could impose on him to make a phone call.  He thought it was funny that I should ask but he was happy to do it and this made the final connection.  Andrew, wherever you are, thank you so much!


There is no WiFi where I am staying and right now I'm coming to you from a public library, quite a nice one.  There are kids all over the place and it's brightly-lit by multiple windows so it's quite a charming place.  I will search more for somewhere I can use my own computer as right now I'm using Windows (cough).


If you made a bet on whether I would get soaked yesterday, you will have to work it out with your bookie.  It did start sprinkling early but really not enough to count.  My hands got a little moist but that's hardly a soaking.  However, if your bookie wants to get technical about it, there was rain.  I didn't consider it even close to a soaking but your deal is with your bookie!  It wasn't until this morning when I went out for a walk that I got soaked.  Eventually it had to happen ... but it never did on the road with Haximoto.


There were some reservations about medical and registering for National Health Service.  Scratch that one as this was completed in about twenty minutes and I will have a card in about forty-eight hours.


It will be difficult to use Haximoto very much but I will definitely be going exploring as I told you I would, at a minimum, bring you Edinburgh Castle and that's a must but I must first figure out the bus routes.  The buses are cool for multiple reasons as they're double-deckers and they also have WiFi.  Pictures of all this will come but I need to find WiFi first as it isn't possible to upload pictures from the library computer.


Yes, the book has been started.


I will connect again as soon as I can.  Thank you everyone!  No matter how crazy people may say your objective appears, if you're determined enough then you can do it!  There is something worse than not succeeding and that's not trying it at all.  Live it!

No comments: