Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Onward to Edinburgh

All that's left is to load up Haximoto before rolling out of here for Edinburgh.  This will definitely be the dodgiest part of expedition as there are light showers in Edinburgh right now and it's overcast here.  It looks to me like the odds are about 7:5 in favor of soakage so, ladies and gentlemen, place your bets!

It will be about 11:00 when I leave here and I estimate it will take two to three hours to get there so I should be arriving at about 13:00 or 14:00.  There will still be a further adventure on arriving as I have no idea where my cousin lives and Edinburgh is quite large city.  I have her phone number and will call her from the outskirts.  Calling her would be impossible in the US as public telephone booths have been largely wiped-out but they aren't terribly uncommon here.

My next report should come from Edinburgh and I don't think I have mentioned it previously that this will complete a circuit around the world.  When my parents left Scotland, it was by steamship that went down to the Mediterranean, through the Suez Canal and across the Indian Ocean to Australia.  From there we went to America and I subsequently left for Greece.  I had overshot Edinburgh once before in visiting The Netherlands and did it again in going to Greece but not this time.

On to the road!

No comments: