Monday, February 13, 2017

"Temporarila" from The Alan Parsons Project

"Space Time" is an amalgam by a fan which uses music from The Alan Parsons Project to back the video presentation.  The enthusiasm is great but, frankly, I often don't watch the video as I will start the music and listen to it while I continue with other things.  So I really don't know what you will think of the video but I'm sure you will love the music.




Part of the coolness in this is Mystery Lady passed the link to me so she's been exploring as well and she kicked this off in the first place with a link to "Old and Wise" but people didn't pay much attention to that one here on Ithaka.  It might have been missed that the irony was the Project singing the song as older men after Parsons had written it when he was young.  (Ithaka:  "Old and Wise" - Lyrics on screen | Alan Parsons Project)

As in the first paragraph, I'm listening to "Old and Wise" now in the background while I write and that must inevitably add some poignance to an old man's writing but that's not the reason I do it; the music is brilliant or I wouldn't waste a millisecond on it.


As far as my eyes can see
There are shadows surrounding me
And to those I leave behind
I want you all to know
You've always shared my darkest hours
I'll miss you when I go

- Eric Woolfson, Alan Parsons "Old and Wise"

No comments: