Saturday, February 25, 2017

J. Poplin Art with a Vision of Atlas or an AC/DC Song @juicedawg73 #AbstractArt #ContemporaryArt

Piece by Artist J. Poplin and I have featured his work previously.  This one caught my eye since it's reminiscent of a painting by my ol' Dad.  There's nothing at all the same about the two but there's a similarity to the vision.

How about placing this one at the end of a hallway in which you keep the ambient light relatively low but have a small lamp solely for the art.  It would be a trip taking that walk, wouldn't it.


Twitter:  Artist J. Poplin / Juicedawg73
Web:  J Poplin Art


Maybe this is a depiction of Atlas rising because he's fed-up with carrying the Earth on his shoulders.  He rises to throw off those freeloaders and Earth can go off to find a free ride somewhere else.

Ed:  you see that, huh?

Well, it's either that or it's about sex.

Ed:  it reminds me of that song, "Piledriver," by AC/DC which was the dirtiest, raunchiest rock sex song ever recorded!

There's no such song!

Ed:  yeah, well, maybe I imagined that.

I'm tellin' you, Dagwood ... it's Atlas.

No comments: