Monday, February 27, 2017

Beat Club Studios [1972] | Jeff Beck Group

As funky as you ever want to get.




That was the same year I got out of the Army and I didn't have a guitar yet, couldn't even play one, but I thought, yep, I'll get a guitar and I'll catch up.  This might not have been one of my better plans.

I'm glad I did start playing despite the futility of it since it's remarkable which aspects stay or go over time.  The computer career was highly successful and lasted for decades but throwing that away gets scarcely a second thought while the Galaxy Guitar is still here.


And a drum roll for today's Deep Rockhouse Thought:

Existentialism only becomes significant when you have nothing to do

Ed:  damn, that's heavy

I can't help myself.


I also can't help drifting to The Gogos whenever I hear about the beat.




Ed:  you're going to burn for putting Jeff Beck and The Gogos in the same bit!

I don't see why when both were way ahead of different things.  I'm not sure of another female band which hit it like they did before The Gogos did it.  Maybe you don't like the style but they were way out in front.

No comments: