Thursday, February 16, 2017

Women Singing Without Mikes - Summer Watson and Ruthie Henshall

Summer Watson is new to me and Doc provided the video which immediately blew me away.

Note:  the video only uses the static image below but it doesn't matter since all I wanted was to hear it and I'm glad I did.  Thank you, Doc.




An editorial just wastes your time after that but there's always room to learn more.  (WIKI:  Summer Watson)


Ruthie Henshall is another of the greatest and her rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream" is more than my words can ever tell.



Learn more about her.  (WIKI:  Ruthie Henshall)

In this performance, the concert was a large stage revisitation of the music and such an environment doesn't have the acoustics of a Broadway theater.  Hence, the microphone.

One thing you will learn is Ms Henshall is not a blonde so the ten-point toss-up question is why did the producers of Les Mis think she would better represent Fantine as a blonde rather than a brunette.

Note:  I have no idea.  The interested student is invited ...


At the risk of hammering the point, I don't want to get into any comparisons between the artists.  It's not my purpose and it can be tremendously insulting doing such things.  In my view, all of them are in the master class and having earned admission at that level they gain rights, one of which is they won't be treated like contestants at the Kentucky Derby where our only interest is in racing them.

All are presented with the deepest respect and there's no editorial beyond that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good tip from Doc. Angelic! ML

Unknown said...

Yes, wasn't it!

I saw the name, Summer, and thought, oh gee, how California but she blew me away.