Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Model Car

Doc still makes me curious with those three guitars and I likely would have heard something if anything came of them so I guess he didn't do much.  It's not surprising I haven't heard anything, tho. He's a Republican.

Note:  it's not a cheapshot about Republicans and guitars as the only rock guitarist of any note who was a Republican was Ted Nugent but he was secondary and there's one thing you hear from Ted Nugent today ... but it's not his guitar.  I have looked at this tour schedule multiple times and there's never anything on it.


Doc is still pissed because of a contest with model cars when we were kids.  Both of us enjoyed putting plastic car models together and painting them with teeny tiny brushes.  For some reason a contest arose and he put up his best one against my best.

Both of the cars were ostensibly NASCAR race vehicles and Doc did his up immaculately and it looked just like one.  Mine was painted however I liked and decals (i.e. transfers) were stuck all over it in whatever fashion I thought looked cool.

The judges (unknown who they were) thought it looked cool too and I won.  Doc was pissed and grumbling that's not what a NASCAR racer looks like.  This contest is crap.

That's what did it, see.  He's been pissed ever since.

(Ed:  you're public with your guitar because do a shit ass job on model cars?)

Yes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure after the brutal competitions the two of you had
That is minor
For that I am glad I was so far behind the two of you.
But I got into very little trouble as whatever I did wrong the two of you had done worse.
Well I dont think the B&Es figure into that

Unknown said...

Yah, with that last, you had your moments (larfs)