Friday, January 29, 2016

Lasers for the Galaxy Guitar

There were four loose 5mw lasers lying about and they haven't been used because I savaged them for another purpose.  After some twiddling with the wires, two of them are working again.  That means one thing:  stick them on the Galaxy Guitar.

It would be sacrilege to alter the Galaxy Guitar in any way but these lasers don't need much juice and a battery box (two AA cells) is small enough to attach to the head (where the tuning keys are) with a rubber band.  That will also secure the lasers and they will fire on the same plane as the head.  I've done this before and it's a good effect but there's nothing of it recorded on video.


Whoops ... another four 5mw lasers located.  For sure one works but the other three are pending.  The actual lasers are tiny at about 2cm so all six could on the head at once and be active at the same time.

This will be highly spectacular.  Even though 5mw is not much for a laser, it's sufficient for these ones because they will be much closer to the camera.

There's more fiddling with tiny wires to get the other lasers checked and connected so that will wait for more light in the morning.  I shall have to think of some clever thing to play for tomorrow night.  This means none of the big lasers for filming it or these ones would get lost or only create confusion.


(Ed:  what about attaching lasers to your corpus instead?)

That could be highly demonic.  Although it calls attention to me, the effect could still be cool enough to be worth it.  No immediate purpose comes to mind such as shooting lasers out of my head.  It would look twisted but I don't have a particular reason.

There is no intention to hide in the dark and lasers from the cameras and I will shoot some available light things without a bag over my head to do it.  The annihilation of self is a big deal to me when I have the power to do it and it's becoming more important to me as I go along.  Maybe he's the Necromancer in the videos but it shouldn't make any difference so long as he delivers the music.  I want some mystery in him.

In fact, maybe the Necromancer tune would be the one for tomorrow.  It uses tracks so right away I don't like but ... but they're good tracks so it's mixed on using them.

Exciting.  These 5mw lasers aren't new stuff but they're new again as working stuff so that makes possibilities for mayhem which demand to be exploited.

No comments: