Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Background Problem Won't Conveniently Evaporate

Unknown if anyone is interested in trying to help with the situation but my sister was and she tried to use that PayPal button.  She told me after she was trying to make it pay ten dollars each month.  I said no, no, no.  That isn't how it should work.  She tried it anyway but it's ok as I don't think it worked.

From this I conclude PayPal is too fuckin' hard.

Adding a mechanism for processing credit cards is not too good as people who do that sort of thing get hacked all the time.  The other alternative is GoFundMe but that's putting myself in front of a sick kid and that's not going to happen.

No good answer on it.  More to come, that's just where it sits right now.


There will likely be a show on Thursday.  It's not clear whether Vandengroef can play as he whacked one wing and he's been flying around in circles ever since.  The bird doctor said no guitars until it's better and it's been a while so he must have whacked it real good.  We're hoping he's all fixed and can play and then I'll follow him.  If he's not playing, it may not be such a good idea to schedule a show as it's questionable how long it will go.

Don't read this as falling down decrepit as that's not how it goes.  In playing today, a bit was going about 160-180 bpm.  That's about low-medium punk speed.  Take it to 200+ if you like but mostly the only purpose of music coming at you like that is for physical injury.

The variable isn't doing it but for how long.  The "Swing Heil" song needs to happen again and about half the length.  The object would be the same with full video and to get the second camera into it better this time.  The action cam would be a major drag strapped to my head for an entire set.

This won't make any money but that's never why I did it anyway.

Note:  the problem with syncing audio tracks is not resolved but will be prior to cutting another video.  It's definitely about frame rates but more study needed to discover why.


Most gigs I turn down but Nad Gough is a friend from way back and he invited me some weeks ago.  That one I will likely do when I can.  It won't make any money either but the vibe will be good.

So, if you're thinking I'm being anemic in failing to hustle for money in Second Life, it's not that way.  It's true I could run up a crowd by playing to cougars as it's not difficult and there are lots of them in SL.  Doing that only means they don't come for my music but rather my peckerwood and that's just peaches my thinking of the jams.  If that's the only way I can get you there, don't come.

(Ed:  please tell me that wasn't a pun)

Please tell me you weren't asking if it was a pun.


So, hopefully Thursday at the Circus.

Note:  I won't do a simulcast video which is accessible via YouTube and Second Life at the same time.  It's easily possible but it's also easily not a good thing to do.  One or the other is fine but mixing them just makes a mess of things.  When one audience hears you talking to the other audience, you're going to piss 'em off and they're got a right to be resentful over it.


No comments: