Monday, August 14, 2017

"Without the Filtered Lenses" #Poetry #Music

When Death's on horseback riding
and seems not that far away
it doesn't really matter
I just want my axe to play
I see the darkness in the distance
and I know what it will bring
but all I really need is to be
feeling her gentle strings

They stretch like silver nymphs
so motionless in moonlight
but I can set them all to dancing
and then there will be no night
There's only now, no in-between,
and playing will show just what I mean
but now there are the strings
and the glory of their dream

They radiate in colors
which show beyond our senses
but there is a way to see them
when we lose the filtered lenses
since there really are no tricks
when all the strings will live
they have no puerile game
and only want to give

- Colonel Arbuthnot Jones

No comments: