Sunday, June 4, 2017

Looks Like a Fail on a Beg Button, Cadillac Man

There was a serious effort to put a Beg Button on Ithaka and by request but that didn't result in any sausages, I'm afraid.

PayPal was a bust since I didn't even find the original Donate button mechanism because they have made multiple changes to the site.  That aspect may still be there but I didn't locate it.

There was an attempt to use GoFundMe but that's buggered up with passwords and the easiest solution would be to use a different email address but the pseudo-security of the network is an endless annoyance which yields little benefit and I was already fed-up by that point.


Even better, Apple MAIL won't work without iCloud.  I deliberately chucked iCloud since I don't want that invasive piece of shit manhandling my software and copying it somewhere else.  I have no reason to trust them and why should I.

I am so damn glad I never let iCloud copy my music or pictures to the cloud since all of that would now be gone.  I know there's Apple's munged merengue of some sort which can finesse an exit from iCloud (sort of) but that's more irrelevant buggery which only exists to deter people from exiting.

There has rarely been an authority figure in my life worthy of trust.  This Colonel won't pop his cork for any hack in town and he damn sure will not be obedient for Milgram and push the button to hurt someone.  (WIKI:  Milgram Experiment)


Dismissing iCloud chucked almost all of my MAIL and none of it came back when I restarted iCloud to receive email today.  That was because GoFundMe was trying to send me an email about resetting my password but it couldn't get through.

Now you know I was getting pissed by that point.  How much carny chicanery does it fucking take to even use this piece of crap network anymore.


Sometimes I look at Google Mail but it's usually so littered with spam I bounce away from it as soon as I get there.  Apple MAIL isn't much better but at least it puts the spam in a Junk folder.  Even so, I have to validate it to discover whether it's really junk and what a fucking nuisance.


Yah, I'm aware it can be fixed since there's almost no tiny doubt I've worked harder and longer on computers than you.  The point is I'm sick to fucking death of fixing broken computers and one thing I learned categorically from my long experience is computers always break or will soon.  In prior times it was usually the hardware breaking the most often but now the software has become a disorganized collection of independent rat traps.


NASA figured it out decades ago with the pentaputer solution since they use computers in fives to give their best chance of a correct answer.  Even so, they sometimes shoot a rocket at Mars and miss ... but that was due to cockeyed software so the pentaputer had no chance of getting it right.


They have made the systems wickedly complex, my brothers and sisters, but the only real thing to come from the complexity has been wickedness.

As with all things, the Rockhouse mantra applies since the more complex the system, the easier to wreck it.  A bank seems impenetrable, right?

- segment deleted by choice rather than intervention -

One of my favorite examples of a side door was a BBS operator a long, long time ago who ripped me off.  There was no recourse at that time since all of it was illegal.  However, I had a utility which would format a disc in seven seconds so the choice was to embed that within a module which appeared to be the then-raging game of Star Trek.

Since there was a problem with the BBS operator and he would no longer let me in, the answer was not to hack the system but go into it posing as a girl.  Presto, the system is yours, honey, and you say you have a copy of Star Trek?  She did and the BBS operator immediately used it.

You can hear a short series of clicks when the seven-second formatter takes off but there's no chance of reacting in time to turn off the drive.  He might have been down for a week after that.

Like I'm tellin' you, mates, the side door is almost always open and the more loosely-connected rat traps they make, the more side doors spring into existence.

No comments: