Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Silas is Still Standing; Moreover, Silas is Still Playing

Picking up the Galaxy Guitar was kind of sad since she was so far out of tune ... but she's not anymore.

Playing her worked out for not quite ten minutes before gassing out of the game.  I did try to record it but, for some reason, nothing was captured.  That's puzzling but I did try.

Maybe I should have gone for some of those white boy blues because there's no way out of this mess and ain't no use pretendin'.  The trouble with white boy blues is a bent string can break your heart or sound like a whale song and I do love bending strings.

When you bend a string, it's all the way out there because you have to hit it perfectly; if it's a few cents up or down then people may hear it but you definitely will.  That's a shared risk with the listener because you don't have to say it's risk since they already know.

It's not precisely realistic to go into it stone cold and expect a recording to kick ass so of course it wasn't perfect but it turned out much better than I thought it could.  I do regret failing to get the validation and I don't understand why I don't understand why it didn't work.  It WILL get fixed.


Electronics killed the musical star and you will see that in the Grammies where there will be parades of soloists but they hardly ever mention the band because it's either electronic or they just don't give a fuck.

Bands are the synergy and that's impossible with a soloist.  That route just winds up in a reality show no-one watches.



Lovely child

Sure it's mainstream pop but this is my favorite Christmas movie and I've enjoyed it many times.


In case you can't tell, this is not lip synched.

Olivia Olson is 13-14 years older now and I'm sure she's still lovely but a whole different kind of lovely ...


My word!  She certainly is lovely, isn't she.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good! Ms Galaxy musta been missin ya! ML

Unknown said...

I sure missed her!