Thursday, June 1, 2017

"The Cock Only Knows One Song" #Poetry

The cock crows in the morning
starting with the feeding for the day
and I wondered if I'm that predictable
but it isn't quite that way
since I can go out later in the morning
bringing water before Toby's last drop
and I still hear that fucking rooster
It doesn't ever stop

So now there's Trump the Rooster
and he always crows the same
when he doesn't know another song
and he only lives for pain
The ache lives inside him
and won't ever go away
when hypocrisy is so blatant
it never needs to say

"I hate myself for living
and lying about what I do
for using the Lord as straight man
as I fake his act for you
but I'm aware it's terribly shallow
and doesn't mean a thing
since one thing I never ever want
is to hear any caged bird sing"

That's fine for Trump the Rooster
such cocks don't ever change
He sings, "ass, grass, or cash"
in his only vocal range
and you must sing that song
to ever join his stage
The cock calls out to everyone
join my rage, join my rage

- Colonel Abuthnot Jones

No comments: