Monday, October 5, 2015

Tom Hanks Talks About Freedom with David Letterman (video)

If you do not know about speed, Tom Hanks will explain it to you.  My memory may be faulty but I believe David Letterman has been popped multiple times for speeding in his Porsche.

Two scofflaws talk about driving flat-out




Check out his German as he can rattle it off faster than I have ever managed.  He doesn't use it much in the bit and you won't have any trouble following him except the pair of them are fast, fast, fast.


Until challenged, I believe my speeding ticket record stands with five speeding tickets in eight months without losing my drivers license.  There were zero drugs involved as I would have been busted for sure after all the times I got stopped.

Note:  the trick is to get popped in multiple states, sometimes in the same day.  The states do share information but it was dog slow and this wasn't so long ago (i.e. ten years) so the sharing may not be any faster even now.


There's only once in my life when a cop got in my face about a search and that time was incredibly stupid.  There were some tree leaves which were stuck in the trunk lid and he wanted to search it.  He made it clear that I authorize it or he arrests me.  They were obviously maple leaves and he was just being an Indiana cop on a back road (i.e. a dick).  This was seventies rather than something from the current way they do things.  It never happened again and even that search was not all that much ... except for being a gross violation on his part.

No comments: