Saturday, June 17, 2017

Washington Says "Don't Listen to Us" for Best Advice in Years #Politics #News

The Department of Justice has warned the American public not to take at face value anything attributed to anonymous government officials, just before another such report got Washington speculating about an investigation of President Donald Trump’s son-in-law.

“Americans should exercise caution before accepting as true any stories attributed to anonymous ‘officials,’ particularly when they do not identify the country – let alone the branch or agency of government – with which the alleged sources supposedly are affiliated,” Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said in a statement Thursday evening. “Americans should be skeptical about anonymous allegations. The Department of Justice has a long-established policy to neither confirm nor deny such allegations.”

RT:  Don’t believe anonymous officials, DOJ tells Americans

Class, what do we call anything attributed to an unnamed source by a news service?

All:  a lie

And what do we call anything attributed to an unnamed Pentagon source by a news service?

All:  a damnable lie

Good progress, class.  Well done.


That's about all we can do with it, mates, since any discussion of politics is usually confined to the latest leaks and it doesn't matter how much an unprincipled dolt like Anderson Cooper mugs at the camera, it's still bullshit.


The important matter of the day was to market, to market, and I knew that had to be early since Fort Worth is going full Cincinnati just now with 80+ degrees and 80% humidity to that lovely Wall of Death sensation outside.

Chief Dan George:  that weather is not for going out; that weather is for hiding out.

It will hit 100F by around two p.m. or so and that meant now or it ain't goin' happen.

- going to market happens -

It was a good vibe since was an Epiphany at Wal-Mart moments ago when the cashier said regarding another employee, "She's confusing."

That brought the Epiphany since I said, "I like being confusing since then I can go to other people to get them confused as well and we can all live in our happiest state of complete confusion.  It's a public service I offer and I could make a lot of money in politics this way.  You know what ... I believe I may have found my calling in Wal-Mart in Fort Worth.  Thank you."

She smiled and said, "Get the fuck outta here."

She didn't say that and was cute about it ... but it was still time to get the fuck outta there.



Meanwhile, there is a case of telephoneurosis but mostly because I thought texting the number would get it done and it verified, yep, I do still loathe texting.

So I still haven't called anyone but I figured I should just to see if even worked and I called up the NRA to ask them, "Someone said y'all don't even know the time of day so I thought I would call up to find out for myself."

They said they saw my number from the CallerID and they know where I am.  They're going to come down here to burn the house and they will eat Toby the Dog.

I did get my answers, tho.  Apparently the NRA doesn't know the time of day and the phone does work.

Ed:  look at the bright side.  At least you'll get to meet Ted Nugent.

Thanks as that's a great consolation after "Strangehold" was his big hit.

No comments: