Thursday, May 25, 2017

"Waiting for the End" | Susan Cossette | Anti-Heroin Chic #poetry


Photographer unknown


The song is only tangentially related to death although there is a death of sorts.  Here's a taste.

Tomorrow, it will be a parachute--
Strapped snugly, and I jump from the plane.
I drop from the sky
To fly on my chrysalis wings.

- Anti-Heroin Chic:  Waiting for the End

Note:  I'm not clear on the basis for the name of "Anti-Heroin Chic" but I do know Ms Cossette has not been a heroin addict.

Ms Cossette is the one who asked me to play "Ice Cream Blues" at her funeral because time is like an ice cream.


I'm not going to take the segue but ordinarily that would cue "Flying Without a Parachute" and some may remember Silas going berserk with that one but people were diggin' it.

We don't know what will come on those chrysalis wings but there's every reason to believe it will be good and the Rockhouse hopes it will be.

She's been my Sis for years, you see.


Life is now and failing to respect that means it will fly right past, possibly without noticing its passage.

Peace

No comments: