Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Lady Gaga has PTSD and So What

We like Lady Gaga here at the Rockhouse and she's an excellent and stylish singer but let's have a show of hands of anyone here who does NOT have PTSD.

Bueller?

Bueller??

See, no hands in the air and Bueller isn't even here.

Ed:  Bueller doesn't have PTSD!

After you have covered a Beatles song in a Chicago parade, you will probably never have PTSD.

Note:  see the movie.  Come for the laffs and stay to see them trash a $200,000 Ferrari just for a point on existentialism.


PTSD may be a memory which keeps coming back even when you don't want it and don't enjoy it or it may go up to being completely disabling due to the terror / traumatic nature of it.  I've been doing unwanted reruns of motorcycle crashes for years and, after enough of them, I'm kind of accustomed to them but it's still my preference they would take a hike.

Remembering sex would be better but I was as bad at that as I was at riding motorcycles.

My life's a fuckin' tragedy, I tell you (larfs).

Ed:  sounds like an unfuckin' tragedy to me!

Oh, sure.  That's funny.  Mock my pain.  Suck every last bit of joy out of the world.

Ed:  it doesn't sound like there was all that much in it!

Because it keeps getting sucked out!

Ed:  or you keep crashing motorcycles!

Fair enough.


I guess I really don't have anywhere to go with this.

Ed:  and that's another tragedy?

Surely, it is.  Feel my pain, feel my pain!

No comments: