Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Because Nothing is Any Fun Without Nuts

Another way Facebook amuses me is people do read my stuff even when they would just step over my still-jerking body if I were dying in the street.  They want the nuts because, I guess, they get tired of the mindless adoration from the cast of cheerleaders they accumulate.  We love you, we love you ... yeah, yeah (larfs).

So you want the nuts.  We gots the nuts and twenty grams a day will keep you alive or give you a better chance at it.  (Science Daily:  A handful of nuts a day cuts the risk of a wide range of diseases)

And there you were expecting something risque.  See, that's why you come (larfs some more).  You just don't know for sure.


The analysis of all current studies on nut consumption and disease risk has revealed that 20g a day -- equivalent to a handful -- can cut people's risk of coronary heart disease by nearly 30 percent, their risk of cancer by 15 percent, and their risk of premature death by 22 percent.

An average of at least 20g of nut consumption was also associated with a reduced risk of dying from respiratory disease by about a half, and diabetes by nearly 40 percent, although the researchers note that there is less data about these diseases in relation to nut consumption.

The study, led by researchers from Imperial College London and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, is published in the journal BMC Medicine.

- Science Daily

Have I got yer attention now, li'l nutty buddies??


Twenty grams sounds so, oh, oh, painfully European but that's about what you get in a little bag of Planter's peanuts.  Who knew a bag of those each day may reduce your risk of early death by over twenty percent.

Ed:  what about that salt?

From what I've seen, it's kind of overrated but I only have myself as an example.  I'm way down on sodium and that's a significant problem.  I know what causes it but managing hot / cold is difficult.

Note:  I've never consumed much salt except on French fries but the answer to that is simple: chuck the fuckin' French fries.  I've busted practically everything else but it seems my heart is relatively undamaged.

Ed:  because it's so full of love!

It's my greatest joy and my greatest pain, whoa, whoa, whoa (larfs).


Feel free to continue on with dirty puns on nuts but, at this time, the Silas is out.

No comments: