Friday, December 9, 2016

"Ride the Dragon" - Should Go Ahead and Release the CD

"Ride the Dragon" has been pending for about a year so maybe it's time to release it even if it doesn't have the last song I intended for it.  The probability of recording something I find suitable to add is low so that says one thing to me:  let 'er rip.

That looks for a suitable objective for this day.  The release was prepaid from way back so there's nothing preventing it other than uploading the files to CD Baby.  The current disc ("Pigment of My Fascination") includes:

Making Rainbows
It's for You
On a Grecian Morning
Finding My Way
Drifting
Waiting on a Peace Train
Too Much or Not Enough
Ice Cream Blues
There Will Come a Time
Silas THG (Totally Hammerhead Gonzo?) Xmas Song
Symphony for Cat
On the Road with a Mouse and a Chicken

The last one may be my favorite title.


"Ride the Dragon" includes:

There Will Come a Time
The Girl Who Would Be Lavender
The Tiger and the Monkey
Celebration of Circe Broom
Waiting on a Train
Ride the Dragon at Amsterdam
End of the World in Fort Worth
The Bacon Cat
Silas THG (Totally Hammerhead Gonzo) Xmas Song

There's some duplication so that will be part of the final review.  It doesn't matter much, tho, since you didn't buy the other one (larfs).

The thing which got me on this track is I was thinking of saying Ithaka doesn't have any sponsors and that ensures I'm not biased by anything and have no reason to lie.  That looks like it may not be true when there's a link to buy that CD but, as above, you don't.

Ed:  so why release this one?

I'm a slow learner (larfs).

It bugs me that the project is incomplete after all this time.  Therefore, finish it.

I know my memory is getting wonky and that's not hysteria about Alzheimer's; it's just a tad wonky.  Some people retain their memories intact until they drop but envy is pointless.  The better move is to find out how they lived and, well, do that.

John Glenn died yesterday but there's not a weepy tragedy when he lived to be ninety-five while seeing and doing things many of us will never see.  It seemed he retained his sharpness until quite late in life.

Ed:  so all I need to do is ride spaceships?

Dunno.  It worked for him.


It all comes down to the same thing:  release that damn CD (larfs).

No comments: