Thursday, December 5, 2013

Capturing Screen Video on a Mac

There are two primary contenders, in my view, for the best choice in software for capturing screen video (e.g. full-screen capture, window capture, etc).  The first is one I've used previously, Snapz Pro X.  Unfortunately my license is, technically-speaking, buggered and it would cost $69 to get another one.   However, Camtasia for Mac looks much stronger but at a higher cost of $100.  Even though more expensive, it has a great many features, most particularly for editing.

Without having used Camtasia, it appears to be the better value even with a lower price and previous experience with Snapz Pro X.

Yevette and I talked about splitting the cost of it and this could be excellent as her machine is highly-capable for video capture and she has the disk space to save it.  That would mean it would be possible to capture video from two angles in a show and that always jazzes up interest tremendously.

I'll trial Camtasia and report on what comes from that.  I'm most interested to discover what it can do.

No comments: