Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Second Gig is Really the First Gig

Sister Julie will be throwing a party at 5:00 pm SLT / 7:00 pm Texas Time today and apparently I'm invited as she has asked me to play.  She has told me I had best do "Ice Cream Blues" but she has not yet apprised me of what consequence there may be if I don't.  It is probably best not to know.

Actually I was planning on doing Elvis covers with some back tracks I downloaded off You Too Can Be a Karaoke Queen but probably I should reconsider that.  It does require a bit of thought as it's important to recognize that we had Jimi Hendrix and now they have Katy Perry.  The world has not done well over these years.

Of course I'm going to do "Ice Cream Blues" as Sister Julie said she wanted it played at her funeral.  Yep, that's punk.  It'd be more punk to do "I Love Rats" but I won't have any say in it as my ice cream will have melted long before.  I'd just as soon it did not melt as it would be a major gas to play live in a church and blow it up.  For two years in jail, Pussy Riot should have blown up the Russian church.

This was the first gig scheduled for today and the rezday party was a surprise that came in a couple of days ago.  Doing two gigs in a day is pushing it but why get in the game if you're not going to push it!

No comments: