Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Oh, So You Think Your Day Sucked

There's no day that can't suck worse by going to the hospital so, sure as hell, that's what happened today.


If your day didn't include stuff like this I submit it didn't suck that bad.

Not to worry about telling you why I was doing this as I don't hang out with people who are so boring that they would actually care about medical procedures.  Of course you care about a great many things and I love you for it but ... well, if you somehow slipped through the screening process and you really are interested in people talking about their medical procedures then there's always Facebook.

Yevette was tremendously helpful in getting me to the doctor as I could hardly move and it was damn cold out there.  If you don't think it gets cold in Texas then that only tells me one thing:  you ain't never been to Texas.  Don't ever expect to stay warm in the Winter in a place that reaches 107F in the Summer.


Since the Galactic Peace Tour and most recently the European Excursion have been covered as much as possible with pictures, Yevette wanted to contribute one to the campaign.



Just then Doctor Nowicki came back into the room and exclaimed indignantly, "Are you going to put that on fucking Facebook?  Are you?"

Yevette said, not at all defensively, "At least it's not a picture of someone's dinner!"

"Do you think I went to college for all those years, medical school for a great many more years, and ran up those massive college debts just for pictures on Facebook?"

Yevette tried another tack and said, "The picture has nothing to do with Facebook, I just like polka dots."


Of course Doctor Nowicki didn't say anything of the kind.  She and Doctor Stanzer were wonderful as was everyone else at JPS here in Fort Worth.  I wound up with a stack of prescriptions for antibiotics and steroids so things should be more or less back to normal in a few days.

No comments: