Saturday, December 14, 2013

As She Lives and Breathes

The Galaxy Guitar hasn't felt and sounded this good for over a year.  She is now set up absolutely and the tuning is perfect.  The fingered note on the 12th fret and the harmonic are identical.

Remember the name Steve Lamb.  If ever your guitar is sick and you're anywhere near Fort Worth, find him.

The irony is that I've been dancing around with doctors now this last week and I'll be doing it some more next week.  That's not a plea for sympathy as I know half the planet is sick right about this time and all with pretty much the same symptoms.


The fingerboard on the Galaxy Guitar is ebony and this is the sexiest, slinkiest feeling wood I have ever experienced.  Many Godin guitars are equipped with an ebony fingerboard but check as it's not used across the entire product line.

A rosewood fingerboard is pretty much standard for guitars but it has a somewhat dry almost scratchy feel to me.  The rosewood kind of warms up to you as you play but that wood just doesn't do it for me anymore.  Also, a fair number of Fender Stratocasters have a blonde neck and that was a feel I really couldn't stand at all.  The wood has some kind of finish over it and I guess that's ok but, if you play and get sweated up a little bit, the fingerboard can get as slippery as a skating rink.  No thanks.

Ebony is something I can't recommend highly enough as it is most certainly not some designer affectation.  Feeling that touch again just now was a beautiful thing as it's very much like coming home to your woman.  If you think I overstate things, have you been with your woman for forty-two years.  That's how long (maybe more) I've been playing guitar.

No comments: