Thursday, December 19, 2013

Silas Be Back (audio podcast)

There isn't much that will burn you more than telling a woman you will do something and then failing to do it.  When I left Greece in late June, I was telling Cat, oh yeah, this adventure will be cool and then there will be jams in Scotland in a couple of months.  Six months later I still hadn't played for her.

But tonight there was a show and finally it is delivered.  "Necromancer" was first as I know it's a favorite of a friend of mine and the audio from that has been uploaded to the "Ride the Dragon" podcast.  (Listening / downloading have always been free on my podcast)

As to whether I sucked, I'd say, well, listen to "Necromancer" and make up your own mind.  I was hugely pleased to make it through the whole gig as I was quite dizzy toward the end of it.  Cat's day completely sucked as some idiot griefer had caused a problem and there was no way to correct it before show time.  (Griefers are people who delight in going around Second Life to break things.  They're kind of the virtual equivalent of the Tea Party.)

There are lots of technical aspects to the show that would bore the living hell out of you if I described them.  There isn't much I can report otherwise as I'm not averse to a bit of narcissism but I still can't write a report of my own show.

There was huge coolness in who attended as there was rock royalty out there.  Alazarin Mondrian has been a friend for quite a few years and he's the Original Electricman in Second Life music.  Voodoo Shilton is this year's winner in the AVI Choice Awards for Best Jazz.  I've written about his shows many times and will again after his show tonight.  Thanks to them and everyone else who was there.

Many thanks again to Lotho and the Queen Bee for rescuing me from Scotland as there's no chance I could have done the show tonight without what they did.

It was really grand to be playing again at Cat's Art MusikCircus and I'll be back next week to do it again.

No comments: