Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Galaxy Guitar is Still Lost in Space

The Galaxy Guitar was to be collected yesterday but that didn't work.  It's not just me who is sick but just about everyone.  It doesn't matter what state, it doesn't matter what country ... except maybe south of the equator is good.  There's one saving grace to it as hopefully everyone gets past the hacking and wheezing in time for Christmas.

It looks very good for picking her up today and a gig is scheduled at Cat's MusikCircus on Thursday at 1PM SLT.  There's now another one scheduled for Saturday at Sister Julie the Poet's swimming pool at 5PM SLT.

I haven't played in months and I'm not exactly in Arnold Schwarzenegger form just now (not that I would want to be).  There is still some jacking with wires to be done but I think these gigs can work.  They will sound quite a bit different from ones I've done while I've been out of the U.S. as these won't happen with headphones and amp simulators.  You won't truly hear the room ambience as the audio pumped to the computer will come directly off a mixer rather than from mikes in front of the speakers but that's ok.  It's not such an audio compromise that the priests will have to sacrifice some virgins to make up for it.

And, oh yeah, I have fireworks now.  They fire too high to use inside the MusikCircus but that's ok too as Cat has more than one stage.  There was a time when I never did a show without explosions and it just might be time now to do that again.

Some tick on Facebook was going on about his impression that I don't know how to differentiate between the virtual world and the real one and, by the way, the music really sucks.  However, the idea that one needs to differentiate shows, to me, a rather limited view of reality.  If the only worlds you see are the physical and the animated then most of existence is shooting right over your head.  In any case, I asked the tick if I might hear some of his music as he was endlessly enthusiastic about his own skill.  But he just started squeaking like a mouse and never delivered anything.

It wasn't my intention to rip up his music as I would have given it an objective critique, not because I want to endear myself to him as he remains a tick but rather it would make much more a fool of him to treat his music fairly after he's gone to such lengths to be, well, a tick.

No comments: