Sunday, May 14, 2017

Van Halen's "Jump" Almost Got Jumping Banned Everywhere


Marilyn Monroe photographed in 1959 in New York, US

Photograph: Philippe Halsman/Magnum Photos


The only reason "Jump" by Van Halen is not the Worst Rock Song Ever was because Warrant had already written that with "Cherry Pie" and that abomination of musical horror was the nadir of all hope for Western civilization.  Once "Cherry Pie" was written, it was inevitable Donald Crump would be elected President thirty years later.

Note:  the typo wasn't deliberate but I like it.

You've got to understand history, see, since a bad herring run in the 16th Century caused the original instability which resulted in World War II.


Ed:  do you believe this bullshit?

The salient point isn't whether I believe the bullshit but whether you do, mate.

Ed:  I don't fuckin' believe it!

Good since I was starting to see how Alex Jones gets his believers if you can't tell.

Ed:  wouldn't you like to be like him and make all that money on bullshit?

Nah, he's just a BUFF who sweats a lot and catches flies with his tongue.  I'm quite sure I do not want to be like him.

No comments: