Friday, May 26, 2017

$150 and Almost No Chance It Was Stolen | Plus an Epiphany



This is an old PCM synth and only a blind fool would steal such a thing, particularly to turn around and sell it on Craig's List.

Unlike at the Dallas Second Life gig with its Facebook performers, there is honor in musicians here and we don't steal.  If I did not believe this instrument was a fair sale, I would not consider it.  I know they steal kit down here after those middle class Second Life fuckheads stole so much of mine.

Ed:  that's why you hate Facebook?

One of them but the biggest reason is the science


If I throw out re-upping My Duck Soup then I can buy the synth but this will stay in stasis until I know what's happening.

Ed:  why bother when people don't listen to the music?

They don't define who I am ... I do.


And I am deeply concerned about the moment.

I know Cadillac Man is not gone but wanders about somewhere and I've seen Laughing Gecko cruise past a few times but no sign of others.  Lotho really didn't get off on my stuff that much anyway but now he has a Clinton Democrat on his doorstep and I hope you see the comedy, my brother.

The biggest worry is for Mystery Lady and in ways you're not going to know.  It's deep, it's real, and I have no idea what's happening.

There was an epiphany on that and it's at the bottom.


Online Likes for music or whatever don't mean anything but at least they will fuck up your kids.

About half of parents reported that technology interrupted time with their children three or more times on a typical day. Even in low amounts, interruptions to parent-child time caused by digital technology are associated with greater child behavior problems, a new study suggests.

Science Daily:  Can parents' tech obsessions contribute to a child's bad behavior?

Good job on that one and do enjoy your Facebook day ... but your kids won't.


They like to call it multitasking but my idea of it was when I had two mobile phones with Bluetooth earpieces.  When I was listening to a corporate meeting, I would typically mute it since 90% of that is just blowhards giving speeches.  I would sometimes get another call on the other phone and I would take it since the first call was muted and I would switch back and forth as necessary as I was driving to wherever I was going.

That's multitasking and it's fucking stupid, not because of any driving risk because I'm not an idiot but rather because it's engagement with things which don't matter and doing it in a hysterically aggressive way.

Note:  my use of mobiles hardly ever required me to touch them all that much and that goes back to the 90s but they were way more brutal back then.


Therefore, eliminate anything which doesn't matter and stand-by until there's a radio signal from wherever the Mystery Lady may be.


The Epiphany

If the house phone rings on the other end, it's less than a 50/50 chance I will hear it and the only way that usually works is if Yevette is up too but she usually isn't.  Hovering over the phone doesn't work since it's probably not going to ring.  I don't have a good answer and I can't afford to rent a phone to keep by me plus Yevette's often doesn't work well unless she goes outside and that is so 90s.

However ...

I located a mobile phone plan for $30 per month with 500 minutes, 500 GB, and 500 texts.  Only the minutes matter since they make it a Mystery Lady Emergency Phone.

I found a phone but the cheapest is a Motorola Moto G4 Play and it's an Android phone but that doesn't matter since my only interest is in using it as a telephone.  There are no-name phones for less than that but going with one of those is probably being pound foolish.

I can find the $30 for the monthly and you can see above where the scratch will come for the phone since this is about the same as the synth.

Ed:   you would bag the synth for the Mystery Lady?

Synths can be replaced.

I think I have an answer but I do not know if it will work.  I do know what does not work so this needs to happen.  I'm not positive but I think it may.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you thinks thats comedy then you really know nothing about either of us.
All of my children are very socially liberal. We gave them minds and taught them how to use them.
They also understand that social programs have price tags as does debt. The only two aspects that they can control. They also understand the strength of organized dissent and are quite good at both.
Straight Talk is about $40 unlimited and they have decent phones at about $50 to start.
PCS mobile is $80 for two lines and they give you to Samsung Core phones

Unknown said...

You have exceptional kids but I don't think they're talking about that age group, rather much younger. Most of these toys didn't get used so much that way in that time and I don't think social networks ever played with you and Ms Lotho.

I did look and saw $30 monthly for a fairly decent plan but then I realized there's another twenty probably in b.s. charges. Must study further. I saw a trustworthy phone for $140 and that's because it's Motorola which is the same as my first, actually. CDMA and GSM so it's universal. Yevette has a hell of a time with hers in here and it's the cheapest of flip phones. That $140 seems the wise move but more study needed.

Thanks for the Comment as it's really one of the few ways I know the Regulars are breathing.

Anonymous said...

I was only commenting on the comedy of a Clinton Democrat living around me.
If the two of you go to PCS mobile two phones free $80 per month unlimited no additional charges and Yvette keeps her present number.
I have set up two of these plans for tenants recently. They like the quality and the price

Anonymous said...

Only $80 out of pocket to set up no contract

Unknown said...

For me the Clinton Democrat is funny since I'm definitely rubbish for her politics but you're probably ok since I'm perceived as the turncoat. All of this is fine and I do think it's funny but the political aspect doesn't work at all. Above it all, she's always Tinkerbell.

Unknown said...

These jokers are swearing $30 set up but you buy the phone. For an additional $50 a month, I'm better to go with this one to get the payoff in three months. I think I just might be able to pull it off. A few dollars are left in the acct plus my VA checks pending so this just might be in the bag.

I'm sure now Mystery Lady is ok and connected but that doesn't change a thing since the ML ER line is now mandatory.

Thanks for the notes but I really think I might have a strong way to go here.