Thursday, July 2, 2015

So You Want Some Politics

This is what I do because I love you as I'm fookin' sick of the political charade.

There's some social network crowd of singing munchkins happily dancing about in a haze of burning Confederate flags while they sing "We Are the World" and drink Coca Cola ... but don't do much of anything about racism.

Donald Trump blusters about Mexican criminals and rapists coming across the border.  Who's doing the raping, he cries in rhetorical imbecility.

Answer:  majority of rapes are committed by white people.  Now you know.
(Ratio is only America and was obtained from Bureau of Justice Statistics)


So one response to racism is to burn the Confederate flag and the other response is to send Donald Trump flowers and money.

Given those observations, I don't see any particular reason to listen to people when they talk about racism as it all looks like bullshit to me.  The racism is real.  It's what people do about it that's bullshit.


Donald Trump may say he has worked with people from Mexico but hiring people isn't the same as working with them.

I didn't do it long but I did work with people they called 'braceros' in California and these were migrant workers, mostly from Mexico or farther South.  'Bracero' wasn't a derogatory term as it means 'laborer' in Spanish.

I saw the hardest-working people I've ever seen in my life.  Trucks came to the collection point before the sun rose and they got out to the tomato fields in time for enough light to start work.  You stay out there burning in that California sun all day as you pick the tomatoes and fill box after box with them.  You better get it done because you're paid by the number of boxes you fill.

Donald Trump tries to tell me what Mexicans are like but what I've seen showed me considerably better people than he will ever be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thiNk your rape numbers are only true for this country. Worldwide is a much different reality If Indias number were real it would not be close
And I second the comments on south of the border work ethic. That is also skewed as the lazy ones never made the trip.
I hire Mexicans alot. They sweat from the moment they start until the job is complete.
I have a very hard time finding locals that even give 50% as the south of the birder compadres

Unknown said...

Definitely US only. I took a look at a report from Bureau of Justice Statistics to see if there was any truth to what Trump saying. Negatory on that one.