Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Being Beautiful ... in a Manly Way

This is a bit of a challenge as, sure, I want to be beautiful ... but I don't want anyone thinking I'm a faaaagggggg.  Really I don't care about that except it amuses me but I do want to be beautiful.   I like it when my music makes girls cry and sometimes it does.  Sometimes it makes me cry.  Maybe they know that.

(Ed:  you sound like a faaaaggggg)

Got news for you, Calhoun.  Gay guys aren't that gay anymore.

(Ed:  even gay guys don't sound like faaaaagggggs?)

Nope.  They were just doing it to screw with us and guess what ... it worked.

(Ed:  it worked?  They had to beg to get married.)

Yah, that sucked but I remember when punks would talk about 'rolling fags' to get some pocket money.  Things have changed massively and, in an epiphany that makes age more interesting, I realize now the punks probably did more rolling than they did punching when they went off to 'roll fags.'


After playing with "There Will Come a Time" for a while, I was tired as serious loud will wear you right out, particularly in a small area.  I don't care if you're a young and virile stallion, noise will still wear you out.  I didn't want to stop so I switched to a clean sound and played some sweet chords into the looper.

That turned intricate and I knew while I was doing it that Yevette doesn't mind as the sweet and gentle stuff is her favorite so I wasn't really thinking about anything except what makes this happen.  It really does get so pretty that I get tears in my eyes and it's because ... I don't know what makes it happen.  While I play, sometimes the Inquisitor will ask what logic I use to play this note after that one but there isn't any conscious awareness of what does it.

The only concrete memory is sometimes the thought came it sounded like a music box.  Trying to put anything more into words is like trying to describe an acid trip.  Many have tried.  If you've ever seen a 60's 'acid' movie, you know it's best if you don't.  The acid is ok but making a movie about it is not such a good idea ... or best not to do it while you're still trippin'.


(Ed:  the Inquisitor is your father?)

Yep but he wouldn't like it if I called him that.  Really it's the beast in my head which makes me analyze things.  It's like the monster in "Aliens" and eventually it will chew it's way out.  Get pics.

He did the same thing to himself with his paintings.  Unknown who has "Flowers for Anne" but that one tells it exactly as the style is flagrantly van Gogh whereas he most often painted in a scientific, analytical way with gradations of color, etc.  That's the same monster chewing his head.

The painting also tells me with absolute certainty of his feeling for my ol' Mother as he painted a great many things and some of them were exceptional but that one exploded.  It was the most passionate piece of work he ever did and all without 'thinking' a thing but rather 'feeling' it and letting it happen.  When he goes with the latter he turns into Vincent.


So this music happens and I don't know how it works either other than doing it over and over for forty years or so.

(Ed:  thanks, teach.  That helps a lot.)

Hey, wax on, wax off.  You want a shiny car or what.


(Ed:  recorded?)

Nope.  I have an excuse as my purpose was to work with "There Will Come a Time" and I did that but getting the mix right is complicated and I'm not satisfied it's there yet.  After I hit the wear out point, I switched to the softer sound and starting cameras, etc just wouldn't fit in the program after the first part.

This one can come back again as I've done variations on it for years.  The chords are simple but it's extraordinary how intricate that can get.

So that makes a plan.  Yevette sleeps like a vampire and she will be back to the coffin any time now.  I'll try to get a decent recording of this makes-you-cry bit and then upload it.  After that we have a basis for saying something about it but right now it's vapor.  So ... a plan.

(Ed:  a plan is executive vapor)

Yes.

No comments: