Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Ku Klux Klan Talks About Love

For all the world's varied resources on philosophy and spirituality, none can speak as authoritatively about love than the Ku Klux Klan, the same people who have burned black people out of their homes, hung innocent black men from trees, and bombed churches attended by black people.  When someone who is willing to do that talks about love, surely people should listen.

Yesterday the KKK said the Confederate flag is not a symbol of hate so, apart from thinking how the hell do these people get so insufferably stupid and boring, I thought I'd take a look at how many other hate symbols are commonly-available in the U.S.

Yep, get your NAZI flag right now for $24.95 from the Ultimate Flag company.  They say shipping may be delayed by some weeks due to heavy demand for the Confederate flag.  Who knew there were so many historians.

Roger, dodger.  No matter what people hate, they have a flag for it.  (The resource is real but I'm not going to provide a link to the shitbags who profit from this.  You bet they are card-carrying liberals who make money on NAZI flags, yes?)


After the way the U.S. has behaved in Ukraine, maybe they don't regard the NAZI flag as a symbol of hate anymore and, joy of joys, perhaps the KKK will speak on that matter as well.  The U.S. logic has been NAZIs are bad but Communists are worse and they have held this thinking ever since WWII and Stalin.  This is why they often build statues for politicians and generals:  they think at about the same speed as a stone anyway.

Generals play Risk rather than Chess because Risk uses much simpler pieces.


Donald Trump talked yesterday about John McCain's heroism and we assume Trump's multiple draft deferments are what qualified him to speak on the subject of valor.  We were amused to see the GOP outraged over Trump's efforts to besmirch McCain's estimable military history after the same crew did everything in its power to make it appear John Kerry fought for the Viet Cong.  America has some exceptionally confused (or viciously cynical) Republicans running about.

Note:  going to a war zone doesn't make you a hero or Audie Murphy could have won all his medals by playing a harmonica.  McCain didn't so much go to Vietnam as crashed into it so he's hardly in Audie Murphy's class.

If you're saying you're a hero just for showing up for the military then you'll need to be calling me a hero as well and I have only one response to that: bulllllllshit.


There was a mention yesterday that Jon Lord, originally from Deep Purple, has died ... but ... here's the beauty part:  the only reason for the mention on Facebook was to get in a remark about how Prilosec can result in pancreatic cancer which I gather is what killed Jon Lord.  There wasn't a shred of evidence to connect use of Prilosec to Jon Lord but his death is a good opportunity to make a false medical point and so it goes with another day of medical revelations on Facebook.

Getting that record straight, Jon Lord is one of the few keyboardists named specifically as inspirations by other keyboardists.  He was a brilliant musician who tried every possible way he could imagine to express that craft, all the way from hard rock to full orchestral.  I have no idea if he ever took Prilosec and I don't fucking care.  I hate it that people have become so banal as to think no more of his passing than an opportunity to make a Facebook graphic to make a specious point.  However, that's not the nature of people, it's the nature of Facebook.


Sometimes I wonder why people read the blog but I see news like the above and then people coming here makes some sense as presumably you can tell I'm not bullshitting anyone.  You may not like my positions but you know the positions are honest even if you may not accept the conclusions I draw.

The only way you can be sure the blog stays honest is through keeping off false income sources such as sites selling penis enlarger kits, sex sites, links to which secondary celebrities are fucking each other, etc, etc.  All of those sites pay for the links you send them as otherwise no-one would ever bother with their tawdry businesses.

However, that also leaves me dead broke and my looper doesn't work.  It will cost about six hundred dollars to get another one and there's no chance of getting the money.  That was when I checked out sales on the "Pigment of My Fascination" CD as I had not previously looked.

And that's when I wondered why I do this at all.  Maybe I should talk to the KKK about love, huh.  If I were selling NAZI flags, I'd be in clover right now.  They can't sell that stuff fast enough while the CD really is about love and I can't give it away.  (It's the same story for a zillion indies in Peking and likely everywhere else)

Note:  I'm not particularly feeling sorry for myself as I'm accustomed to this but I'm really, really tired of it.  The thoughts of selling everything so I can hop onto two wheels and disappear are coming constantly.

Don't be doing any sympathy buys for the CD as then I would think you like the music when really you're only being charitable and it's nice to be charitable but whether the music was ever worth anything on its own merit gets lost in a parade of begging.  That would be even worse off than I am now.


The subsequent CD, "Ride the Dragon," mentioned some while back but not completed due to the computer chaos, will be released when there's money to do it, hopefully next month.

"Waiting for the Train" w/Barry will likely make the cut for the CD.  There's no copyright infringement as it's my own song and the voice doesn't sound that much like Barry White anyway, I just like it.

There are some parts of the guitar line I would have liked to have done differently but overall I don't know if I'll ever get her crying harder in the oldest song of all, singing about a woman who isn't here.  The Galaxy Guitar is throwing off every harmonic she knows in this one.  For me this is when a guitar makes rainbows.

And here are some boobies just because we love you.

No comments: