Monday, July 20, 2015

What a Back Track Looks Like


When you make back tracks yourself, this is the sort of thing you will see.  There are many programs for recording music but don't write off GarageBand too quickly as it's an incredibly powerful tool.

There's a Guitar Lead track but it's grey and this means it's muted.  The reason is I don't want it is because I play live with this, as in current real time, so a pre-recorded lead is useless.

The song is "There Will Come a Time" and I wrote it five or six years back.  There are some things which bugged me about it and, for me, they make it not quite cool but the converse is the feeling it could be ... if I just fix them.

Something I really liked with it just now was adding a B3 organ track and may have to happen.  It wasn't recorded as most of this is trying things for size.

There is an existing vocal track I recorded the first time and part of the reason for starting with this is the thought of doing the singing with a better voice processor (i.e. better reverb, etc).  Regardless of whether I record another version, it must be sung for a live set ... or not.  More to consider with that.


This may seem aimless ... and it is ... as working with this came out of nowhere.  There isn't any particular direction but it doesn't seem like that matters much.  Things are running kind of depressed as to why did I do any of this ... but that's not a reason to stop.

No comments: