Monday, November 21, 2016

The Christmas Gift Which May Get You Killed

A cuckoo clock is a 'love it or hate it' kind of thing since some are charmed by them and others want to murder the owner(s).  Since the weapons can't reach me here, we're going for those who are charmed by them and you will need to be gigantically charmed with this one since it costs over $2600.

Note:  what do I care what it costs; I'm not buying one.



It looks like there are four levels of animated parts so this thing must go completely nuts when it hits the top of the hour.  Coincidentally, that's also the time people usually get murdered for having the clock in the first place.

There's a tremendous variety of these clocks at Bavarian Clockworks and they go for roughly $800 to about $2800 but they're all hand-carved and imagine the joy if you were to give one to your favorite ultra moderns who are just a bit too much captivated by low tech (e.g. phones and tablets).  Give such people one of these and they will have no idea what to do.

Ed:  they will call it a pink elephant and ship it to Egypt

Well, maybe Egypt needs some Bavaria and entertain yourself with the idea of a cuckoo clock in the world of bellydance music if you like.


If I have a shotgun, this clock will probably not last twenty-four hours with me but I would love to visit one to see and hear the performance.  If it were anywhere near me to stay, likely the first time I heard the bird I would be reaching for my gun.

Ed:  you don't even have a gun!

Yah and I don't have a cuckoo clock either so no problems.  Isn't it a beauty, tho.

No comments: