Saturday, November 26, 2016

Diagnosing My Anger

There is no interest in diagnosing my anger here at the Rockhouse but some have a predilection for doing it for me.  The thinking is apparently I may be angry without knowing I'm angry.  That I rarely raise my voice belies the fact I am actually seething inside.  They say.

I just have one tiny question, tho.  If I can be angry without knowing I'm angry then what the fuck good does it do being angry??

Calamity Girl:  see!  There's that rage inside you!

Well, not really.  That was a lightweight imitation of Lewis Black who's one of the last surviving comedians and whom Cadillac Man also finds highly amusing.  He does stage rage the best I've ever seen.

Then I considered whether to fill up a bowl.

Note:  I did.


The anger diagnosis seems to be projection and there's the whole boatload of angry people on Facebook.  It seems almost all are pissed off about something or other and critical causes fly about like confetti in New York when the astronauts come to town.

One which is always a big hit for projection is 'you're so manipulative' when oftentimes the one making the charge is the Manipulator.  Now I know you have heard that one and maybe someone has said it to you with the resulting wtf reaction you when you heard it.

Go for it as this is the season ... go ahead with the escalation:  who are you calling manipulative, you raggedy ass, super controlling ho'!


The fact is I'm not only not angry, it's almost impossible to make me angry.  Certain matters I read will arouse my sensibilities on this or that but it's not the same as anger.

Calamity Girl:  your anger is revealed in what you write!

When your diagnosis is based only on the text I've written, you have only discerned I can type.  When you don't read all of it, you not only make a poor diagnosis but you wouldn't be much of a typing tutor either.


The science articles are the hope.  Trump is just a beancounter and Clinton is another.  Neither has any vision while the scientists take a long view of everything.  It's only with hope anyone looks long or there would be no point in the exercise.  Likely the reason there may be some hopelessness in you sometimes is it came from the politicians and / or media endlessly telling you we're screwed.

From what I see of the scientist's papers, they're doing everything imaginable to get us unscrewed or suggest ways we can do it ourselves.  I see immense hope in the science articles and who specifically benefits is irrelevant since the concern is whether it comes to anyone and they believe it will or at least that it can.

Americans are programmed to think nothing has value unless they get something out of it themselves but that only guarantees mediocrity.

Ed:  at least they reproduce!

Cows can do it too but that isn't what changes the herd; that only makes it bigger.


That Trump is an overdressed, overstuffed animal who rejects science is only a temporary problem as America elects what it thinks it deserves and, thus, you wind up with unimaginative second-rate crap because such is the nature of a proletariat which doesn't have a direction unless someone hands it to them.

Contemptuous isn't the same as angry.


Wanting to grind Doctor Phil's face with a mortar and pestle isn't anger ... I just like the imagery.

Ed:  wanting to kill all the Republicans with a Guillotine isn't anger?

Nah.  That's a public service.

Ed:  and killing all the Democrats isn't generic sociopathy?

Nah.  They've become the same as the Republicans.  See above.

Ed:  Democrats and Republicans don't think that's funny.

They never think anything is funny.  It always rains.

Ed:  and they're angry?

Prob'ly so.

No comments: