Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Back from the Eastern Front at VA

There's no political loading to the Eastern Front since just about everything is East from here.

Ms Kersa can't do much about the busted foot but she doesn't think it's gout because it didn't hurt even close to enough and she doesn't think the swelling was caused by a clot since DVT usually comes from clots in the calf where there was no evidence of a problem.  She's ordered a scan but there's not much else to be done.

Note:  DVT is Deep Vein (Vascular?) Thrombosis and you may have heard of that one croaking people on airlines after long periods of sitting as I've heard multiple mentions of that in various places.  There's no immediate significance to it but the knowledge is generally important for anyone in underscoring the need for exercise.

A clot was a big consideration since why the hell does it only affect one foot.  She did not think that was likely so right now she doesn't know what did it.


I agreed to another scan of my chest.  There is no argument with her on declining the biopsy but we do talk about the matter and it makes sense to get another scan to determine how much it's grown.  We can talk about it further after those results are returned.  I doubt my position will change but I do listen to her and there's no contest.

Ms Kersa said she may not even disagree with the decision because quality of life is a huge consideration and she said she has another patient who made the same decision and for the same reason.  With her other patient, he knows for sure it's cancer and Ms Kersa is sure I have it as well but it's still not definite without a biopsy.

Regardless of whether it's emphysema or cancer, I'm still croaked but emphysema is less dramatic about it since that's more like rust than a fire.


There's been a substantial loss of strength and energy over the last year and there's been active combat to prevent it since I've been the hunter-gatherer because I've always been clear anything is better than sitting in a chair.  There's nothing defensive in that, the only purpose is information as I've never been as sedentary as it may have seemed.  Now I'm almost nothing but sedentary but that's new and it's not voluntary.


If you're reading this as a complaint, you may not be the Primary Reader since it's information which leaves nothing in the shadows and that will be more useful to some than to others.  For me it's not much more than reviewing baseball cards although I confess I have never actually had a baseball card.


The situation remains the same that it's pointless to review what's lost and the only thing that matters is what can you do now.  Cadillac Man and I talk about that sometimes since he's about the same age and has taken his whacks but the focus isn't on whatever got whacked but rather he wants to get out to visit more soda fountains.

The biggest focus here is on shooting another video but I've decided it needs the eight-dollar purple fedora plus the eight-dollar purple boa to really be happening with the second-hand Chairman Mao tux.  Cat doesn't like it when I wear funny hats but, well, I like wearing funny hats.

The RayBans will be the most expensive part of the outfit (larfs).


There won't be any recording tonight as I got a flu shot in one arm and a pneumonia shot in the other so I've got some swell charley horses from those.  Yes, that was a complaint.  Hardy ha.

Note:  I do believe I would have been boxed by now if not for the original pneumonia shot.  I was having one hell of a time since symptoms were vicious and I was getting it a lot but it hasn't happened since.  Pneumonia croaks a lot of old geezers.  Do what you will but it helped me hugely.

No comments: