Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Bavarian Drums to Exorcise the Demons Before the Holidays

At least, I think that's what they're doing.  Bavarians have one hell of a good time over the holidays and I've seen, vicariously, a number of them now but I don't quite get all the parts of the things they do.  I'm deeply envious of the Queen Bee as she was in Bavaria to meet the Krampus last year and she had an outstandingly good time.




In fact, the Queen Bee is a great case study for the Existential Ladder of Doom from yesterday.  She connected with a major airline but she didn't elect to start social climbing.  The fundamental Rule of Banks is everyone will become a vice president if you stay there long enough and probably that works the same with any corporation.  She did not do that, however.

Instead she found herself a good place to be in the airline and from that excellent position she enjoyed low-cost flights to anywhere in the world any time she had the time off from her job to go.  Whether it's better to go for the six-figure job and never have time for anything or do it her way is your call but maybe ask her first.

Likely you know already, I don't believe it's worth it going for the six figures and I got there but she traveled far more than I did while I was there.  The way I rate the game, she won it hands down and more power to her for figuring it out.

Here's that Ladder of Doom again.  Ithaka:  No Matter How High You Climb

No comments: