Monday, November 21, 2016

So Then I Think

If they believe I think I'm Napoleon then they will send the white coats around to take me away in the back of a truck for reprogramming.

But then I smell the cannon smoke at Waterloo again and I have to shake my first in the air while I shout, "Damn les Anglais!"


Geology is something I have had time to study here on Elba and there is some WTF Are You Doing science this morning since researchers have discovered CO2 will become part of the rock over time.  I will as well, I suppose, but what does it matter.  (Science Daily:  Storing carbon dioxide underground by turning it into rock)


A core sample from a carbon storage project in Washington state showed that carbon dioxide injected deep underground into basalt rock turned into the carbonate mineral ankerite in less than two years.

Credit: American Chemical Society


The process can embed the CO2 in the rock in about two years while photosynthesis converts CO2 to O2 in milliseconds so this is an easy winner for today's WTF in Science.



Note:  this one has been hanging about for a few days as I kept thinking there's got to be something you can do with it.  Nope, I'm coming up dry.

I thought maybe it could have some application in the Rock City but it would be better to have hydroponics farms because all the greenery in those farms would give a vastly increased conversion to a far better effect overall because the rock approach doesn't yield any O2.


But then I was back on Elba again and ...

KV:  unstuck in time?

So it goes.

No comments: