Saturday, November 19, 2016

There's a Weddin' Down Tennessee Way

The Raven will be getting married in the middle of April and his fiance's name is so Southern her family likely looks at Kentucky as The North.  I have not met her but The Raven has posted pics and she's a comely lassie.  They make an attractive couple and look giddy happy together.

The wedding should be novel since The Raven has shown some determination in sowing his wild oats since it seems he probably could not have done that more effectively even with a pumpkin cannon, coincidentally also built in Tennessee.  When it comes to 'speak now or forever hold your peace,' you may have to take a number.

Note:  the above isn't true as he has always seemed a gentleman in his dealings with women and that's likely why this aspect of life was not such a problem for him.  It's the same with the Texas Tallboy down here since he's befriended a number of young ladies but never seems to be on bad terms with any of them.  I often hear there are no gentlemen anymore but those two turned out just fine.

Unknown if the Texas Tallboy can be there but I'll definitely ensure he knows about it.  Getting all those kids together would be like a ten-year reunion or some such.  All of them were innocent li'l cherubs when last they saw each other and all took some bruises getting through those ten years ... but now it's time for a party.

Be there or be L-7.

Ed:  L-7?

A square, daddy-o; a square.

Note:  I have no idea if the early hipsters actually said that but I've heard that line used on TV from time to time.

Ed:  TV is so L7!

Not at first.  Seeing The Beatles on worldwide television was monumental back then.

Ed:  now they don't sing on television, they only talk

I've noticed that ... in the rare times I ever see anything of TV.

I remember when people would see the video below and go ooh and ahhh.  TV was cool back then.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that we can probably arrange travel arrangements for the 3 members of the RockHouse to attend his wedding
I have to learn the details before I fully commit. I can get you from Love to BNA then I have to workout BNA to Ktown and I assume we would need housing in Ktown depending on the vacancies at the Raven house

Anonymous said...

Mrs Lotho says this should be a surprise LOL
Like he doesnt read this

Unknown said...

Thanks on the offer but Texas Tallboy is off living with his long-term squeeze these days. Probably easiest and cheapest for going up there with Yevette is to drive but the biggest variable is whether my corpus cooperates. I imagine all this hacking would even get me thrown out of a church. There's strong motivation to do it but there are periods when it would be impossible. That's all the more reason to drive actually since it covers if something goes wrong. Mystery Lady said she was interested to come down too and Cadillac Man may turn out but he's getting kind of dogged just now with some physical demons of his own.

I've got a clear view of it as missing a wedding is bad anyway but missing the wedding of the first born is such bad juju for whomever lays off.

I'm not sure which part was to be a surprise ... the wedding or bringing us up there?? I'm not sure how either one could be!

Anonymous said...

Let me know its a 90 minute flight bt a 10 to 12 hour drive

Unknown said...

I've done that drive at least three or four times so I'm not worried about that part. Let's assume driving unless something changes. Likely the thinking is he won't show as he never shows for anything but the motivation really is high. This is one fine reason to roll.

Anonymous said...

No worries enjoy the drive

Unknown said...

I don't recall it's really such a bad one and it's kind of comical in a sick way to see the ugly of the buildup around Little Rock. No idea why all the el cheapo highway advertising is so bad around there but they've sure got a lot of it. I do remember which side of the bridge when in Memphis as well although everything was very cool where I stayed the last time except for that tiny problem on Beale Street but that had nothing to do with the drive.