Friday, November 25, 2016

Something Else Which Was Buggered by Blogger

Google / Blogger made a change a few days ago which, in the nature of modern software upgrades, didn't appear to have been tested much.

-  Previously seen was drag-and-drop doesn't work for adding images to new blog articles anymore, at least it doesn't in Safari but behavior is different in Firefox.  Let's try Nintendo to see how our luck runs there, huh?


-  They also removed the indicator which showed whether any comments are pending for moderation.  Previously I would see that immediately on looking at the status of the blog but now I have to dig for it.  How clever.

The above makes it likely I will take longer to see a comment has been posted.  Sorry about that.


-  I haven't looked to discover whether the revised Blogger generates better HTML now as it was a horror previously.  Blogger generates HTML the same way a fiber supplement augments digestive output; it's good that it works but you really don't want to see it.

Wheely Dan:  it's the age-old problem of compilers

I don't think it is all that many ages old but it's a problem and the best part is they have made it all so complicated no-one except a few knows how it works anymore.  There are so many layers on top of anything a computer actually does that debugging becomes more like archaeology than computer science.

Wheely Dan:  are you bitching?

Noooooo.  I don't have to do any more debugging.  If ain't gettin' paid, the Silas ain't goin' show (larfs).

Just in case I wasn't clear, I would rather have flaming spears stabbed into my eyes than do any more debugging.

Yep, that should do it.

No comments: