Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Sometimes Maybe You Find Some Money

Maybe you fetch a jacket from the closet as the weather gets colder and you fish around in the pockets to find, what, what, that's money.  Suddenly you have an eminently spendable twenty dollars.

Well, that didn't happen.

Maybe you fish around in your sloppy as hell pocketbook and find a $157,000 winning lottery ticket. That did happen ... but not to me.

You know how it goes when you lose $157,000, right?  Such an easy thing to do.  Just slipped my mind, it did.

(Ed:  what, what ... out with it!)

Well, it was a bag of reefer, matey mates (larf).

It damn sure smells like the skanky skunk too.  El Supremo.

The ganja is not stale and I think the last time the Great God Mescalito, Lord of all trippin people, flew by here, he brought it in two bags which is highly unusual and I forgot about the second one.

(Ed:  when you're forgetting any ganja, yer mind is goin' down the toilet, matey mate)

Possibly so but I can still lucubrate like a demon (larfs).


I found it earlier while I talked with Cat and was laughing since I was looking for the medicine I normally take in the morning.  There isn't much as I won't take much and ludicrous as it may sound I'm more strict about what goes into me than you may think.

I didn't smoke any while I spoke with her because it's been a few days so this likely launches to the Moon so show some respect, Ganja Man.   She probably didn't need to hear, wow man, do you know what happens with ice cream on the Moon.  It explodes!

(Ed:  is that true?)

No idea.  Who cares as you can't eat it anyway (larfs).

So ... ten ... nine ... screw it ... zero.

The movie list just now is "The Pianist" and "Playing to Live" with the latter about a woman's orchestra in Auschwitz.

We had been talking about people destroyed by war and possibly no-one on the planet knows it as much as the Germans after their cities were obliterated.  Only the women remain and they suffer for years after.  This was when I heard of eating moldy bread long after the war because, don't throw that away.  You can still eat that.

Note:  in fact, you can't.  Mold spreads through soft foods such as bread maybe the fastest.  You can only get away with it on foods such as hard cheeses as then you can remove it and the rest is ok.  With bread, it is never ok.  These facts are verified because I was curious about the same thing for reasons which go beyond the point.

As we were talking, of course it comes the deep shame I feel in the marauding killers sent out by America's mainstream and movies or music may get me misty but that gets tears running down my face.  How can they be so despicably beastly to one another, all the while blaming it on someone else.  The disgrace is overwhelming so it has to stay in a deep dark cave where I don't often let it out but the overall shame never goes away.


That led to "The Pianist" for how one musician saw the war.  I knew vaguely of a woman's orchestra in Auschwitz but I couldn't pull up the name and that's "Playing to Live."  Of course, "Schindler's List" is in the list because of the sheer magnificence of what comes from some people who largely go unnoticed while the mainstream does the stupid things whatever whim leads it to do but in such situations they rise as beacons to all humanity.  Some see the light but the mainstream maybe never will.  They shame me most of all because they should know this minimal aspect of the past and yet they blithely ignore it.

I can flog myself with my failure to bring any glimmering of this to anyone or I can look to the people who have done for the endless inspiration they provide.  If there is any God anywhere, he has got to live with them.


Some wave red flags of hatefulness at me as sort of an amusement for the idle rich, something of what they apparently imagine is wish fulfillment on my part to see their behavior and attitudes are just as scandalous at they seem.  They feign patronization but they show more of that which is in their hearts than they ever do otherwise and it's a cold, dark void.

They can still free themselves from the Curse with relatively little difficulty.  Work for peace.

2 comments:

Cadillac Man said...

Great picture. I've seen it at least 5 times and always come out with something new. It is amazing how great talent and the will to survive can be the tonic for survival. The soundtrack is excellent as well.

Unknown said...

For me, it may have been the best I have ever seen and such a magnificent soundtrack. Sing "Madame Butterfly" for me.