Sunday, August 28, 2016

Did Your Life Ever 'Flash Before Your Eyes'

Don't read any kind of whining as 'remembered pain' has a magical property:  it doesn't hurt.

(Ed:  but there are so many psychological ...)

Go away.  PTSD is the other channel.

In fact, if you get through life without any PTSD then you likely have had a relatively-boring life.


The trigger was Richard Branson going on about how his 'life flashed before his eyes' when he took a dive from his bicycle and did a bit of sailing before he gave his cheek quite a nice whack.  That had to have rung his bells for sure.

Does this guy seriously think he's the only one who ever got a two-wheeler pilot's license.  If you don't learn how to fly, more precisely how to land, you have a good chance of being an ex-biker with yer wheels in the air relatively soon.

They have cut me clothes off me in the street to check for damages before boosting me into an ambulance and I thought me balls were afire since I knew I had hit the gas tank and it must have broken to get me all covered with fuel which promptly caught fire.  Nothing else could explain it.

Note:  again, I CANNOT feel this and it's only a vision of an Exceptionally Extraordinary Thing.  Try to remember pain all you like.  Your brain protects you and won't let you.  I do not EVER want to know again what that felt like (larfs).


Even with me balls afire (they weren't), my life didn't flash before my eyes.  My only thought was, holy fuck, me balls really, really hurt.

Then I heard of Richard Branson and his life flashing and I just thought, "What the fuck are you talking about?"  (Use your best Jim Jefferies to say that.  The Sardonic Australian.  Finest kind.)


(Ed:  maybe if you have a cooler life then there's cooler stuff to flash by and ...)

Sure, that could be it.  I just wasn't (sob) cool enough.


This cat is one of the most imaginative Dagwoods on the planet and yet he makes a cliche out of croaking?  Dude, are you fucking serious (larfs).

There are two-wheel rollers here who can make 1000 cc stand up to bark at the Moon while they take names for the King and all have scars from it but I have heard nary a one going on about life flashing anywhere since there are only two Biker Laws and both have about the same priority:

First Biker Law:  don't let the fuckers hit you

Second Biker Law:  don't get dead

There are no other Biker Laws.  No others are necessary.

Thus far, I've only broken the First.  Regrettably, more than once (larfs).


The First Biker Corollary:  anything which doesn't kill you is a win (shame about the bike as it looks too mangled to fix)

I don't believe the hotshots on here ever believed we would die in a crash because you ain't fuckin' dead until the lights go out.  Am I right??  (larfs)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A,couple of notes. Those that believe they will die are called ex- bikers.
PS I never had a bike laydown where I had time to think about yesterday, I was too busy praying there would be a tomorrow

Unknown said...

Inner skiing so inner biker. Sure, that works (larfs).

Yah, bag this life flashing business as my thought is the same with you. I am NOT done yet!