Sunday, August 21, 2016

What's Hot on the Blog 8/20

EntryPageviews
45
Aug 20, 2016, 2 comments
35
31
29
22
22
Aug 20, 2016
19
17
14
Aug 19, 2016, 2 comments
12


Stacking - that project is engaged and just slow at the moment

Then Came - I'm surprised at the reception as this one isn't just nostalgia although there's a large measure of it

So Much - Buspar is, technically-speaking, ineffective crap and that segues to clever hipsters smoking cigarettes

Making the Case - it's a legitimate case and consider further the ongoing outrage in America about the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor in an undeclared war but nothing at all is said of Obama / Clinton doing precisely the same thing to Libya.  I'm a lifetime liberal but I'll have no truck with that bad lot.  I'm not a neolib and would rather be known as Bubonic Plague than that.

Do You Have - a bloody great emu took my potato chips when I was a little kid and scared the bejeebers out of me.  The interested student can research whether emus are bigger than ostriches and they might be.

Your Heart - it gets a billion beats and you use them fast or slow.  It's from Isaac Asimov.

Twitticisms

In Case - this one is end-to-end nostalgia

Sorry About - there are some hard aspects to life and wimps won't be able to hack it but there's also comedy

Do You Remember - I was surprised at the reception as this one has been hitting for two or three days and usually the content people like is the seriously brutal political material.  This one is straight out of "Happy Days" and some of you even remember it.  One of the greatest gifts a parents can bestow is raising you in a small town.


(Ed:  who's the 'interested student?')

You are, I am.  Everyone is an 'interested student' and the most interesting people in my life have always been students, learning as much as possible about everything.  Anyone who is still a Democrat or a Republican is decidedly not an 'interested student' since you can't ordinarily teach them anything.

Maybe you wonder why Cadillac Man is so fascinated by Alexander Hamilton but, for any real student of American history, he's a highly-important figure.  I don't share his fascination at anywhere near his level but I appreciate the passion he has for learning more about him.  C.M. has a degree in history already but it's not enough; it's never enough, is it (larfs).

No comments: