Monday, August 22, 2016

About That Medical Tape and Allergies to It

Hopefully this doesn't affect you but I've repeatedly had more problems from medical tape than I have had from surgery.  It's not as much of a reaction as some who break out with blisters from various kinds but the skin reddens wherever the tape touches it itches like an invasion of all the world's mosquitos.

Sound familiar?

Yah, it's not that uncommon.  Regrettably, I've not found anything which offers any substantive relief and Yevette and I got into a bit of a kerfuffle over it earlier because I was insisting she not use much tape but she used more than I anticipated with the result being I strode away all pissed off.  Best answer when you're pissed is always to walk away.  You know that (larfs).

Kerfuffles don't last long down here and apologies both ways came shortly after while at the bottom of it is that tape.  It is medical tape, too, and it's all part of the prescription but it doesn't solve the problem.  There's quite a bit of research toward an adhesive which doesn't result in allergic reactions but, as above, they haven't found one yet.

It's kind of a weird irony if you like as I can tolerate the surgery but I can't tolerate the tape (larfs).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your allergy doesnt require an EpiPen. As Obamacare has allowed the cost to go from about $120 pre-obama to over $1100 today. Sure wish my stocks increased like that. That rivals Google

Unknown said...

How did Obama do that when a private company sets the rate. They milk it for whatever they can and bail when they get tired of it. The whole system is crap ass and it won't be me defending it.

Anonymous said...

Because He accepts so much money from them to look the other way
Funny how Martin is the biggest critic

Unknown said...

I would believe just anything about that cancerous hell hole in Washington. I still think the best solution is to sink all of it under the water and wait for the bubbles to stop coming up.