Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thank you, Mystery Lady, from Yevette as Well

A package arrived out of the misty morning and, lo and behold, there was chili in it.  I don't feel so guilty this time because the packages don't cost so much and it's not Skyline but it's definitely Cincinnati and the chili here is so pitiful and bland it's no favor at all to send you some (larfs).  Maybe you can even get Wolf Brand up there but I seriously don't recommend it.

Yevette said the card was beautiful and I thought that already or why should I show her.  She asked if you did it but I told her I don't think you ever buy artwork or at least not for many years.  If you need some art you will make it yourself and such tremendous respect for that.

A driving thought for me came years ago from Benjamin Disraeli when he said, "Every time I feel like reading a book, I write one."

I see you doing that and a major hat tip.

You aren't normally given to geometrics and that departure is interesting for its own sake.  It's lovely and part of that is no chance it was made by a computer.


Earlier I mentioned it was disrespectful to play with a computer while I talk to Cat but I think you know already there's no computer in sight when I talk to you.  There's one in front of me as well when I talk with Cadillac Man but I rarely touch it.  I hear people talk of multi-tasking but it only tells me they're hardly paying attention to anything and they waste considerable time doing things they really didn't want to do in the first place.


It's glorious and warm down here without the blazing Sun and that looks to continue for another week in which the temperature never gets out of the eighties.  For me, that temperature is pleasant and I'm as slow as a land snail but it doesn't hurt as much (larfs).

(Ed:  is a sea snail faster?)

I doubt land / sea snail races will trigger the OCD but anything is possible.  Inquiring minds need to know (larfs).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blues and purples were done especially for you--like Alex used to use and Anne used to wear. I play around with color much more than I used to...maybe it because my eyesight is getting pretty bad...and I do more abstracts and geometrics and mixed media--so much fun! Its play!

Just remember to add a little bitter chocolate to the mix a little at a time til it tastes like Skyline. Also, there's a little trick with adding water to the beef before browning and really mashing it up good before browning it--makes that real small grainy textured meat (instead of larger chunks) just like Skyline.

I had a recipe which my dad would make and it was VERY close to the real deal. It made a good quantity and he used to freeze it in the small plastic pint containers. It took a counter full of spices and a long time to cook, so it was a good thing that the recipe made so much cause it was pretty much trouble to make. I think you had it before, but not sure.

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Blues and purples have always been my favorites and it was a surprising piece. Even if it's play to the artist, it's art to the beholder.

Ah, you brown it first but I did read the instructions which said don't but I'll take your words as more depth because theirs only came in three-point instructions.

I didn't appreciate your ol' Dad's Old World knowledge of cooking and people say Germans make such crap food but the stuff I hear from Cat sounds delish. She cooks in your style in which it doesn't count unless you do it from scratch. I still haven't forgotten the pork and apricots dish as how can this possibly be good yet it was wonderful and I loved it.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah--that dish was pretty delish--just pulled some stuff out of the pantry for that one and made it up as I went along.

Well, follow the package directions-to tell the truth, I did not read them! I only know how I made the scratch recipe and how I've made other my famous "Hillbilly Chili"--I mash the beef up in a little water and it looks like sludge--but then I cook it in a skillet til the water has evaporated and meat is left but is very fine gritty --not big chunks, and I fry with onions until browned. Then I add the wet ingredients, water, tomato paste, etc.

If the first batch isnt to your liking, then experiment with the chocolate and cinnamon additions and the way I cook the beef with the second package. I'm curious to know how it turns out. Let me know.

As least the weather seems a little cooler and more pleasant for cooking!!

Anonymous said...

Shoott! Did that comment come thru?

Unknown said...

It doesn't show your comment right away because I have to approve them to keep spam and other smelly things out and good things in. There hasn't been much spam lately but, sure as hell, if I drop the wall they will come like damn skeeters.

I know you do stuff like this with witchy magic and for you 'a wee skeetchen' is a technical specification but for me it's a complete mystery (larfs). A dollop is another word only real cooks understand. How much is a damn dollop!

Unknown said...

Yah, I know ... it's about 'that' much. Got it (larfs).