Monday, August 22, 2016

The Case on Milk Appears Clear

Milk is a clearly defined trigger for the congestion and violent coughing.  I wasn't drinking much milk and symptoms started to ease.  I started drinking it again and symptoms almost immediately got worse.  I stopped with it again and there was no coughing and only a bit of wheezing after lying down for several hours just now.  Some came after I got back up but that's manageable and wasn't as extreme as previously.

In this courtroom, that gets a guilty verdict for the milk but it doesn't absolve ganja and cigarettes since the evidence vindicating those is largely circumstantial.  In this court, we want justice and we won't play by Texas Rules (i.e. those used to spring Tom DeLay who was as guilty as Legba but Texas got him off).


There are also novel results from the surgical sites which after almost two weeks have shown little sign of healing.  The doctor advice was to leave them open and use the magic Hydrophilic Goo so I have been doing that but there's no way to prevent abrasion since the moment I put on a shirt it mostly gets rubbed off again.  There's a non-stick dressing with minimal tape to secure it and that seems to provide a solution since it can still breathe but abrasion is mostly prevented.


For me, this is near miraculous as you haven't heard a fraction of the misery behind it which, unfortunately, Yevette couldn't avoid.  She has been unbelievably cool about it too.


I went down to get some smokes for Yevette just now as I'm the hunter / gatherer for a variety of reasons and it's minimal exertion to do it.  I didn't get any 'boros and the cost of hers was so low, relatively speaking, I picked up some breakfast on the way back for a much better surprise.

The quality of life is still in the toilet but it's not so much spiraling out of sight.

I also have the answer for that infernal stalker cat as she will be on me in seconds on going out there for a bit of a constitutional and she immediately wants to rub on my legs.  I know if I'm stern with her she will stop but she will wait and start sneaking up on me.  There's no relaxing for the glorious visual of life when that sneak bitch keeps doing that.  I hate that creepy shit but I have the answer,  a glass of water.  'It puts on the lotion or it gets the hose.'  (larfs)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...the NURSE here...need more protein...promotes healing...two incomplete proteins make good protein...cheaper than the complete protein (animal-bacon, chicken, steak). Examples: eggs and cheese, beans and cheese, nuts. Have you tried the "nut milks"? They are good--I especially like the cashew dark chocolate one.

Unknown said...

That screams to me Waffle House breakfast and I have lusted after one of those for some while. There was a lot of problem with hugely-painful cramps as well but those have subsided and I'm not entirely sure what drives them away as that has happened before. I haven't tried this 'nut milk' and had never even heard of it!

Protein is coming in short as the milk helped prevent it coming back up again. The only time in years I have tried steak was about a year ago and Lotho paid for it but Yevette blabbed it come back up again. That's no capital crime and he really ought to know (I guess) but I thought it would be better if he didn't since maybe it kind of dumped on his generosity. No way that was her intention but stuff like that concerns me.

You know how it goes yourself ...

Nobody knows the troubles I've seen
Nobody knows dah de dah de dah

(larfs - what else!)

Anonymous said...

You have seen these in all grocery stores-they have been around for a long time, you just havent noticed them, so I sent links so that you could see the packaging. You can make you own (I dont!). But the link below gives you some idea of which one is "right for you"

http://www.wellnesstoday.com/nutrition-recipes/which-nut-milk-is-right-for-you

Sometimes you will find them near the produce section next to refrigerated salad dressings (Krogers) or near milk or refrigerated coffee creamers (Walmart). They are soy milks flavoured with nuts, cashews or almonds and plain, sweetened and sweetened with chocolate added.

The one I mentioned comes in a plastic bottle-the brand is SILK brand in a flavor called "Nutchello"-(Rich dark chocolate + walnuts and a touch of almonds).

https://silk.com/

Another brand comes is a wax cardboard carton-ALMOND BREEZE:

http://www.almondbreeze.com/?gclid=CJ-tgZvA2s4CFUdZhgod4T4B0A

Another thing for healing--Vit C. Not just OJ cause I know that does not sit well on your tummy, but KALE, Broc, sprouts, tomatoes, red orange or yellow bell peppers, strawberries are high in Vit C. Do you have Farmers Markets somewhere near you? They are everywhere up here-church parking lots, small strip malls-just look for the signs or your local paper, ads (online). You probably have many near since you live in the city.

The 7-up is a good choice--I buy the Great Value or Sprite in the 2 liter bottles (88cents to $1 a bottle). I have cut out coffee and colas for the most part and my tummy problems have improved a lot!

I am responding to this on the 24th Aug. So yes! the end of the month is coming so if you want to set up a day and time to call. Does tomorrow Cowboy time 1pm work for you? I have plenty of minutes. You can send me an Email if you would like. I will check. ML

Anonymous said...

Good article, you can check a lot of the benefits off! heart, indigestion glowing skin, healing...


http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/benefits-almond-milk.html

Unknown said...

At first I looked suspiciously because anything with a link gets inspected. That showed right away only one person would have written it.

Sorry that I cannot modify your comments to add the HTML but that's verboten in Blogger. Fair enough. It should be.

Thank you and those are great resources.

Two things are confirmed. Milk ok in moderation but cigarettes are fired. They're on a strong glide path down and there's determination they go out because the scientific lab here (i.e. me) only changed variable to and coughing started building so they're busted cold.

Anonymous said...

So does tomorrow work at 1pm cowboy time or are you off to the VA? Checked the Email; nothing yet. What kind of monitor are you wearing?

Unknown said...

1pm cowboy time / 2pm buckeye time is greatly wonderful

Excellent news!