Friday, July 1, 2016

I Wanna Be Liked! Oh, Oh, Oh, I Wanna Be Liked

On second thought, I'm old and I don't give a fuck who likes me.  The age gives me freedom to tell people to piss off but young 'uns think it's important.  I want people to like me, I've just gotta gotta have it.  The way they really hurt each other is by dropping their online friendship ... I don't like you now.  I did but, fuck it, I don't anymore.

They take this seriously and they have protracted melodramas.  If I can't find a good movie, sometimes it can be funny to watch the heartbreaking outpourings of bleeding narcissism which will make you think the world is more screwed than any invasion of zombies can ever bring.


Parents probably experience that with teenagers, particularly right around puberty, but no-one grows out of it anymore and it seems the adults take the pose as well.

Oh, oh, oh, please Like me, Like my page, oh prithee, Like my, oh, oh, Like my soul.


What farking soul is that?  You post these stupid fucking memes someone else made and then get figged when I don't care.  What fookin' difference does it make (larfs).


My favorite lately is a young Millennial was frosted when I said Davy Crockett was a terrorist.  Historically, it's true but, just as with Andrew Jackson, America has done a peach of a job of putting a vanilla frosting on his cake.

First he tried to school me on what happened and from that I was already laughing since it's fact the American border is where it was and the Alamo was on the other side of it.  The schooling is the rationalization of the American imperialism which made it ok to take Texas.  That a Sanders Millennial was presenting this just got me roaring laughing.

Dude, dude, do you see it??

Nope.


I replied back to the preliminary schooling with so you agree the border is where I said it was, right? Then he went through the roof.  Fuck it.  I was going to deliver some reasoned material but not now.

That just got me screaming laughing because immediately I thought, yep, I know where you learned this move.

Debating me is a bad idea as I debated someone in seventh grade about whether LSD is a good thing and keep in mind this was about 1964.  I won it (larfs).  The entire schoolroom agreed too.  One thing I knew even then was taking a conventional line in a debate will never win it.  Best you get with that is sounding like someone who thinks football statistics are interesting.


This blather is because this is what elicited the article on "There Is No Forgiveness for Three/Fifths of a Man" since we do not accept for a millisecond 'the way of the times' justifies anything.  Logic is the rationale or you have no rationale.

Cadillac Man and I talked of this last night, remarkably bereft of histrionics, and it will probably arise again in the context of Why Do Humans Do The Weird Shit We Do.  That's part of the general theme that historians write whatever they want, regardless of whatever really happened.  Your job is to sort through whatever is there to deduce whatever was real and fans of Biblical history know well how that goes.


At the bottom of it, tho, is America has lost its sense of humor worse than my dog Happy.  She ran away.

Note:  I've probably tried that one, oh, a million times or so but no-one ever gets it since they think it's the start of a sad story.  How hard could it possibly be!  The story really is true and she was a cocker spaniel in Australia.

Happy was probably a terrorist too and really what happened is she went back to ISIS.

(Ed:  that was supposed to be funny?)

No but you weren't expecting it either, were you.  We are bored the fuck out with expected things, predictable things, etc, etc.


So, yeah, Davy Crockett was probably gay too.  That's why he went out into the woods in the first place, right?

No comments: