Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Now More than Ever, "Where Have All the Flowers Gone" - Pete Seeger

It was once my rare privilege to see Pete Seeger performing with his grandson on the back porch of the City Hall in Tiverton, a tiny town in Rhode Island.  People sat around on the lawn in the sunshine and there was total reverence or a word which even goes beyond that and to this day the song brings tears to my eyes because I know well from my own life the flowers will come but they won't do it if we don't help them.




When will they ever learn?

Even now that the new Democrats have turned into bombers too, that doesn't mean it's over.


How about this for unusual as it's a cover by Marlene Dietrich.




Remembering Bill McCabe of Aiken HS in Cincinnati and he was the first I knew although not well who died in Vietnam.  That was forty-nine years ago and, goddamnit, Democrats have been sending them again as it was LBJ who escalated the last big one before Iraq / Syria.

Note:  I don't use that word much but sometimes it's warranted.

I've seen them going all my life, I've seen how many did not come back, and I see how they're almost entirely forgotten by the time they get to VA for the ones who did make it back.

I cry like a fucking girl when I hear these songs since I should have died with them.

No comments: