Sunday, January 15, 2017

Day 10 Continues with the Ten-Day-Monster

This bitch ain't over.  The Bath of Ritual Purification has to happen tomorrow since I can't fookin' stand the skank anymore but the monster will hang around like the drunkie who doesn't go home because he's too ripped to get it the party is over.

The general thinking is this is a PSA since that monster is an infectious bitch so it will probably travel all over and this is what to expect from it.  The monster is definitely not flu and it's just a damn cold but it still sucks.

My approach with these things is always the same due to the probably unfounded belief activity helps the body fight since otherwise you just drown in the effluvium.

Note:  as to why I use words like that, I heard many of them from my ol' Mother and she wasn't much schooled but she had a phenomenal vocabulary because she read absolutely everything.

It was from some time in the early Twenties when she decided at a young age, I won't go to school anymore ... ever.  She was acutely shy and that was it.  My grandfather's response was to show her his library of the classics and he gave her one instruction:  read them.

She did and she never stopped.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to discover her vocabulary was more comprehensive than my ol' Dad the Super Genius.


In staying active, there was the market expedition the other day and I didn't give much detail but it was three or four days ago so accusations of whining won't work too well.  I brought most of the stuff in from the car after the market and then I was finished, couldn't even move.  I was holding myself up over a trash can trying to hack this stuff out of my chest while goo was running direct into it in a steady stream from my nose.  That was when Yevette said maybe it would be best if she brought the rest inside.

Don't read that as some implied scolding since it isn't there.  The arrangement is I bring the stuff into the place and she puts it where it needs to go.  I want the exertion because my chest is wrecked anyway and doesn't tolerate any effort all that well so that's all the more reason to push it.

The bug is a lot nastier than I've let on specifically because whining is not my interest but that particular episode was priceless.  My summary at the time was, well, I might have pushed it a little bit too hard that time.


Don't read a disaster movie into this because it's not.  It won't kill you, it just sucks.


There's no advice on it since you all know colds anyway and there's not much you can do beyond sucking up lots of fluids and chicken soup as you can.  As colds go, this one is kind of a bitch so do expect the full ten days from it.  Unknown if your boss will accept that for a cold but, if that boss has any smarts at all, he or she will want to keep this infectious bitch somewhere else.  I couldn't believe how fast it nailed everyone here.


There big boomer storms in Fort Worth just now and there are lines of storm fronts approaching Fort Worth from Abilene in the West.  Even better, there's a tornado watch until midnight ... in fookin' January.

I see Green Bay a few minutes ago whooped the Cowboys in their playoff game so there's your answer:  the Texas weather gods are pissed.

No comments: