Saturday, October 3, 2015

Thank You, Roamin' Ol' Dog

It's grand to see the Roamin' Ol' Dog still out roaming and thanks one huge lot for roaming this way.

Sometimes people get to reading obituaries at this stage of life and sometimes there are still other other difficulties in discovering how friends are doing.  What I hope for the blog is the other way around as I'm damaged but not down.  As long as that situation remains the same, everything is for the music.


The Roamin' Ol' Dog really touched me deep many years back when I was just getting started with the guitar and was annoying the living hell out of everyone.  I thought it was pretty cool but, man, everyone else was hating it.

There was a huge problem in shyness and I would stop if anyone came to hear what I was doing.  Unfortunately for those who did not want to hear it, the amplifier, Marshall, was usually cranked so hard they couldn't escape it.

It had to be the Roamin' Ol' Dog who told me as how would anyone else know he sometimes sat on the steps outside the house, listening to the music, and he sat there because he knew I would stop if he went inside.


The Roamin' Ol' Dog affected me in another way as we were talking, as young dudes will, and my thoughts were harsh regarding babies born with terrible birth defects.  My thinking was it is better to spare them misery than to try to save them.

The Roamin' Ol' Dog said, don't you think that baby would fight for life as hard as any other.

I never forgot that and I know for sure that was the Roamin' Ol' Dog.  It's a remarkable thing how much effect we have on each other as young men, often without even knowing it.


So, if you're out this way, Roamin' Ol' Dog, what say we go out to find some pic-a-nic baskets.


No comments: