Sunday, October 4, 2015

Another Potential Candle Snuffer of a Bike Crash - Question

There was another huge crash only this time I wasn't in it.  My view of it is both riders made mistakes but of different types.  There's no blame in a bike crash as you die or you don't.  Only you can keep yourself alive.  Not much else matters in front of that.

There is no need to write the story except as part of the overall crash bang and to show I have not sloughed past it.

In my view it's best not to write the story and accept when I tell you it's not forgotten.  There's little hope of making that funny as I can't blow off something which is not my pain to forget.

Tell you what ... silence in comments means don't write it but do it if there's a positive note.

In a way I'm trying to weasel out of it as telling of that story turns into a lesson and I doubt anyone is looking for lessons in this.  Maybe the my own crash was a lesson as well but it didn't feel so as I wrote it whereas for this one it would be difficult to escape.

The historical reports are meant to be revealing but definitely not to reveal every family foible.  There are plenty in any family but that doesn't make them particularly interesting or entertaining.

It's clear to me there are stories better left untold as causing embarrassment is nowhere close to my purpose so I watch for it as I write.  I don't mind if it triggers something like, dayum, we sure did some ridiculous things ... but actual embarrassment or any kind of personal injury won't be part of it.

(Ed:  no sex, huh?)

Nope.  As clumsy as we were, we did inadvertently luck into sex every so often.  Unless you told your current squeeze you are an angel fresh down from Heaven, she probably knows this already.  There's no need for any particular detail as I don't recall anything you couldn't have found in a high school or university movie about nerdy young men so there's no particular story to tell.

There some stand-out episodes in which I took a date to a Pink Floyd concert and she notified me midway through the show that my trousers might need some attention.  This is when I discovered the flames coming up the right leg of pants.  The flames were extinguished and, from that night forward, I have been able to recommend wide-wale corduroy bell-bottom jeans because of my personal knowledge, you will not get burned if your silly ass sets them afire.

One of our number discovered trippin' with a date who is not trippin' at Genesis concert may not be your best idea.  This ship is flying to the Moon with laser beams tonight.


Maybe there's a bit in the One Who Wouldn't Die as the regulars knew him and I believe he is still in Cincinnati doing whatever crazy stuff he does.  I have tried to reach him but no luck so far.  Some may remember him being passed hand-over-hand back from the front of the concert.  Who knows where he got whatever he took, it wasn't from us, but we caught him as he was passed back and marveled, once again, that he survived it.

Note:  there were drugs all over the place at concerts, almost completely wide open.  Usually the place for business was the big concert toilet but later there were so many cops that such things became more selective.

There's no tragedy as he really did survive it but, whew, that was nuts.  It may be a drug story for the sake of a drug story and ain't no redemption in that.  Not much of a lesson as people know heroin will own you but they do it anyway.

Hmm ... that one looks like a write-off as well.  Chuck it into Stories Best Left Untold

Repeating there's no tragedy as it's only within the last few years (i.e. 4-5) I heard of him kicking around Cincinnati somewhere.  No luck finding him but he did not croak from it.  Somehow he remained the One Who Wouldn't Die.

No comments: